The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Sylvester the Jester's new website! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I'm Busy with a local KIDabra Conference, I comment after this is over (Monday)
Dennis Michael
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Profile of Sylvester the Jester
What are you talking about a white block? There is no white block. The quotes should appear centered in the grey, green area. They are not touching anyting on my browser. If it appears in a box then there is something is not jiving between your computer or brouser and the website. I have looked at it on a dozen differant computers so far and have not seen this white block. However I will tell my guy who wrote the code and see what might be causing this.

Thanks, Dan
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
The white block overlaps the grey/green area in the box.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
It COULD be a setting issue. I am using a work computer. Let me see if I can screen print it, so you can see what I am talking about. Thanks!
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

My friend said that it could be you are using an outdated verion of the brouser...
I have no idea myself.

Dan
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Outdated? NO!
Older? Yes! Smile

Internet Explorer 6, which would explain it. Didn't mean to get you worried Smile
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

No worries. But that version is older then that kind of programming, I guess.

Dan
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Well Dan, what some call "disorganized" I call "lively and entertaining".
Your graphics pop and it all goes together logically. Your product demos are quick and effective (wish the dealers did that) and the photo albums work great.
Overall, it fits your style perfectly. I don't think a "conventional" page design would work for you. This has the impact that best reflects your act.
Love the rich colors.

As EventEntertainer mentioned, the contact info could be larger but that's about all. I don't think you need much for sound effects since they're in your video clips now.

Illustrations are awesome! Did you do those on computer or was it old fashioned ink?

The only thing you need to address now is the boring part, - search engine optimization. It's a yawn but it gets hits.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Thanks Jazzy,

As far as all the art work goes. I work in multiple mediums. Some stuff is draw by hand and then rendered or expanded upon in the computer. The photo characters are real photo's but I definately dinked with um alot. Not so much to make them more a wacky but to make them so they could be used in various ways.

I may still do a few sound effects just to make it fun. Like on the trap or the fly. It is still difficult to have this kind of character and not have some fool thinkin, "He must be for kids." Its still got a way to go but I appreciate your input and everyone elses as well.

Dan Sylvester
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

*** I wish this had spell and Grammer check! That last paragraph was horible! Horrable? Terrible! That's it!
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I looked at it on an iPhone and it does not work well. The windows that open only partially display. I am not sure I would change just to see on an iPhone but just wanted to let you know. I will look on another computer and let you know if I have any more feedback.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Dan switch to FireFox... It's better than IE and it has a Spell Checker!
Dennis Michael
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
After watching that Sylvester Pitch demo video on your website, I've had to spend all afternoon picking parts of my brain off the walls of my house, after having my mind thoroughly blown.
Good stuff!!
Evikshin
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Thanks every one! And sorry I was gone a few days. As for the site not looking good on iphones...what sites do?

Evikshin...I guess you want to pick up a copy of the Sylvester pitch DVD?

Dan
dbain
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dbain
Dan- Your Sylvester Pitch video is fantastic (I've owned it for some time and highly recommend it to anyone). Although I have to admit I still haven't perfected it, it's a brilliant move!
Daniel
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Ha. I remember talking to you on skype 5 months ago back when your web site was still under construction. When you told me you thought you would have it done in a month, just like any estimate, in my mind I added a few months.

I have to say it looks very nice. I do like the way your artwork is the real flesh of the whole site. I also like how the contact info is presented. it seems like it is the culmination of a lot of little things that make me like your new site but if you did it right some sound effects would be nice.

Very nice job Dan. Well worth the wait.

As always,
Dylan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Sylvester the Jester's new website! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL