The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Performance of The Christ Ace Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I've started a YouTube Channel-- not sure how much I'll do with it yet, but I've posted a video of me doing "The Christ Ace Trick".

You can find it here.

I'm not looking for critique, I just thought some people might enjoy it.

Remember-- I'm playing to an empty room! Smile

SEY
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
There is a good tutorial on Steven's website too.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
One of my favorite tricks for over thirty years. I enjoyed that very much.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I like Steven's handling (and even some of the jokes). It was fun to watch. The tutorial is really nice too. After a little time with it, though, I think I'm gonna save it for later...it just doesn't fit very well into my performance "character." As Steven suggests in the video, I think I'm going to try adapting it to "me" when I have some free time.
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Great performance.
Few people realize that the 7 that seen in first spread is at the bottom of pack after the AH spell.
I use the "lucky 7" again, to get the last ace via a colour change that I have no idea whats called,it"s in Aldo"s "Whats up deck" book but I don"t think it"s Aldo"s invention.
Ive subscribed to your channel Mr Youell
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I use a 5 instead of a 7 and I breather crimp it. This centralizes the placement of the first ace and allows for a couple of nice endings.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Very nice, Steven! Loved some of the lines.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Nicely done!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Another gem on Steven's unbelievably excellent value for money site! Steven's handling here has me revisiting this trick with a view to incorporating it into my 'aces' routine. There was a point in Ammar's handling that I was never happy with and Steven (and a touch of Bannon - Mr Fantasy) has nicely addessed it for me. Thanks for taking the time Steven!
Jell92
View Profile
New user
Denmark
93 Posts

Profile of Jell92
Wow pretty entertaining! however have to admit that I cannot stand your card handling - you hold the cards way too tight! remember the saying: hold the cards like it was a bird - do not squish it too tight but tightly enough so it will not fly away (or something like that;)).
I would indeed feel sorry for your cards if they were a bird.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Very nice, Bannon also has a great version of this
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 14:59, Jell92 wrote:
Wow pretty entertaining! however have to admit that I cannot stand your card handling - you hold the cards way too tight!

Jell,

Trust me when I say that Mr Youell has some of the most adept hands and light touch of any sleight of hand practitioner in the game! His ability to lead you down the garden path thinking he's fumbling (or in your case, over gripping the cards) is part of his ability as a Pro! Being a student of such greats as Paul Chosse and Ron Bauer I'm quite sure he would have had his knuckles rapped harder than a Catholic School boy for mishandling cards!

MMc
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
That was a nice routine.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Enjoyed that,patter and all.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 14:59, Jell92 wrote:
Wow pretty entertaining! however have to admit that I cannot stand your card handling - you hold the cards way too tight! remember the saying: hold the cards like it was a bird - do not squish it too tight but tightly enough so it will not fly away (or something like that;)).

Hey-- thanks for the critique! An amateur like me can always use the advice! Smile

SEY
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Enjoyed it! Thanks, Steve!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 12:12, NicholasD wrote:
I use a 5 instead of a 7 and I breather crimp it. This centralizes the placement of the first ace and allows for a couple of nice endings.

Totally unnecessary. I guarantee it. The beauty of this trick is that it can be done with a borrowed deck anywhere and anytime.

The number 7 has particular significance to people. I highly suggest you use the 7.

SEY
Jell92
View Profile
New user
Denmark
93 Posts

Profile of Jell92
Wow relax Steve, when have I ever said you were an amateur? Ill give a **** for your website - I have never said you were a bad magician! All I did, was pointing out that you holded the cards way too tight - which is a fact! Which by the way has nothing to do with him leading the audience "down the garden path", I doubt there has been going any deeper thinking into steves way of handling the cards!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 08:04, Jell92 wrote:
All I did, was pointing out that you holded the cards way too tight - which is a fact!

No it is not a fact. It is an opinion. An opinion you are entitled to, but not a fact.

BTW-- did you see in the first post where I stated I was not looking for critique? Smile

This was the very type of issue I was trying to avoid. So let's just have a group hug and call it a day, shall we?

SEY
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Context is important to. Empty room with a camera for an audience! I used it for what it was intended. Tuition.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Performance of The Christ Ace Trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL