The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Is there a Winamp plug-in... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Is there a Winamp plug-in that allows one push of a button to fade a song that is playing, and then cue to be ready to start the next song on the playlist?
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
No need for a plugin. See the instructions on my webpage:

http://remotelaptop.tripod.com/

Go to the "Setup" page.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Hi Jimmy,

Here's some more info...

The newer versions of Winamp still have all the commands the old ones did. I should probably update my site to reflect that.

To find all the Winamp commands, press CTRL - P to get to the Preferences. You can also get to this menu by clicking the box in the upper left and going to the Options menu.

On the Preferences page, click "Global Hotkeys". This is a list of all the "hidden" keystrokes and what they'll do. There is also an option on the new versions of Winamp to customize these commands - I just noticed that, it actually makes setting things up easier.

Any remote that lets you program keys when a button is pressed, will let you control Winamp. You just have to figure out how that remote is programmed and what you want each button to do.

The basic idea is that you have the Playlist window open and highlighted. Then, using the setup I have, when you press a button, the programming moves the highlight bar down one track and then the "Enter" key is automatically pressed, which starts the next track playing. You can use one of the newer commands in the menu above as well.

You can get Winamp to do almost anything if you figure out what the command is, and then set up a macro or programmed set of keystrokes to make it do it.

This should get you started.

Jeff
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I'm not finding a "Play next track" command. That would really eliminate an extra step and button necessary to execute the necessary command.

I would like to press a button, and "Play next track". I could put a dummy song in the first position, and just have it jump forward to the next track that would be my first piece of music played in the show. Then, I would hit the other button, which would be programmed with the "Stop with Fadeout" command. Stop with Fadeout only leaves you on the song that you just played.

What would be great would be one button for "Stop with Fadeout, then cue to next song" and a button for just "Play".

So, I guess that I'm just not finding the "Play next track" command that Jeff mentions in his webpage.

Thanks again, let me know if you see what I'm missing...

JF
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Okay, I've figured out a workaround. There's a program called Hot Keyboard Pro that will allow me to program a macro series of keystrokes in one button push, and it only does this while in Winamp. I simply record Ctrl-V and B (Stop and Fadeout, followed by Next Track) and it cues the next song after the fade.

More than one way to skin a cat, right?

JF
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I found the Winamp Plug-in...

Even better than Hot Keyboard Pro...

"Next on Stop"

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/nos.html

The exact plug-in that I was looking for!!! Free, but I paid him $15 cause it was so awesome!!!

Advances to the next track on the playlist upon any stop, even Fade to Stop.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1202 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-01-29 23:43, magic4545 wrote:
I found the Winamp Plug-in...
"Next on Stop"

Many thanks for the link! I couldn't find it neighter elsewhere.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hello,
Thanks again for giving the link for the plugin.(I couldn't find it myself)

The "ideal" would be off course if you pish a button:
fade - next - stop
So if you pushed the button, the music would not stop bruskly.
Have you found a solution for that?

Jimmy replied
Posted: Sat, Jan 30th, 2010 - 9:02 AM (EST)
Hi Danny, It's already there... Ctrl-V, The Playback:Stop with Fadeout command in Global HotKeys, under the Options pulldown manu, General Preferences. It isn't on the initial list that is showing in the box. You have to go to the bottom of the window, just above the HotKey ADD/SET/REMOVE buttons. Click the check mark next to the Action window. Set it, Install the plug-in Next on Stop. I'm using the Bento skin, available on 5.572

Next on Stop does not put a command under the Global HotKeys. It just automatically cues to the next song after you stop.

Also, In Preferences, check the "Manual Advance" box under Playlist under General Preferences. In my Winamp, the causes the song to stop and cue at the end of the song, instead of beginning the next song immediately without my control. The next thing to do is to change the Fade to Stop button from CTRL-V to something more direct, like the down arrow, or something that doesn't take multiple keystrokes. That's where the add/set/remove editor works, at the bottom of the Global HotKeys window. The remote that you have will also set you up with certain commands to go with each button. This is where you match those up. JF
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
There is a new, updated Next on Stop plug-in. I was having problems installing it on my new computer with my new Winamp Pro.

Awesome!
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jimmy,

Its "Best Practice" with software that if it works why upgrade. Upgrading WINAMP bring more bells and whistles and features that might stop plugin's from working correctly. Now the plugin developers may not upgrade a free plugin they developed.

G
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
True... I was having problems with my Winamp, and I didn't have the original installation file. Maybe I should have. However, when I upgraded to the newest Winamp Pro, it was much more stable, fast, workable, and the newer Next On Stop plugin worked perfectly with it.

But, that's a good point!

Jimmy
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jimmy,

Called you once last year and we spoke about your levitation, its in my to buy list but I currently don't present enough theatre shows.

I would also have a dedicated laptop for the show. A netbook should be enough speed for this.

I didn't know the plugin got an Update and I just saw the features added.

I have actually visited Keith Rubow, he lives 30 minutes away, nice guy. I am sure he can make the LINX Systems RF remotes and receivers work for our needs. They carry long range keyfobs and USB receivers.

http://www.linxtechnologies.com/

G
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1166 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hey G, thanks for the nice words!

I'm going to check out LINX right now...

JF
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jf,

Linx Tech are the makers of the rf antennas in the VSM and the Mp3Tech.

Their OEM key fobs have a receiver which can be connected via USB. What is missing is some software that can recognize key presses assigned to the buttons of the remotes.

I wish I was a programmer.

G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Is there a Winamp plug-in... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL