The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Forrest/Francis Project » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The pre-order page is up on Dave's site. There's also a demo showing two effects from the dvd. Dave's got a really good deal going on right now if you buy both volumes.\

My popular trick, 18, is on this set. There's also an effect called "Between" which I KNOW people will be using. It's one of my absolute faves.

http://www.full52.com

Contents:

VOLUME 1 CONTENTS

Hadron Collider
You attempt to find a selected card - the Six of Diamonds. You find instead the Eight of Diamonds - close but no cigar! Out comes your trusty 'Hadron Colllider' card - which looks suspiciously like a blank card with two holes in it! Using this incredible technological marvel you visually 'suck' two pips from the Eight - filling the holes of the 'Hadron Collider' card - changing it to the selected Six! Very, very weird science!

FF Collectors
Three Kings magically trap two selections then they suddenly change into the mates of the third selection and also indicate its position in the deck!

The 3 Card Trick
Attempting to perform the famous '3 Card Trick' you are coninuously thwarted by the persistence of a fourth card! Every time you discard one of the four Aces, it somehow makes its way back to the packet! Killer commercial close up with a 'kick in the teeth' finale!

Between
You make two predictions on business cards but, they both turn out to be wrong! The chosen card is then magically produced from between the two business cards!

Invisible Poker
Larry Jennings classic 'Invisible Palm Aces' gets an overhaul! This easy but stunning version wraps the effect up in a presentation that really makes sense and has the type of kicker ending that audiences just can't get enough of!

Offshoot
Two cards are selected - a Two and Five, say. The three mates of the Two suddenly appear between the four Jacks. Then suddenly the Jacks transform into the mates of the Five!

Coin thru Hand
You borrow a coin and attempt to push it through your hand but - something goes horribly wrong! On turning your hand over the coin is seen to be sticking half-way out of your palm! You grit your teeth, yank out the coin and hand it straight back!

5 Card Monte
A 'no palm' card to pocket built into an engaging 'street hustler' routine! Easy and enteraining - you'll definitely be using this one!

Limelight
The cards take on a life of their own! One pops out of the deck and directs you to the location of a selection while some others make a suggestion for your next trick! This routine is practically self working and makes use of a very cool but rarely seen gaff!

Impossible Sandwich
A spectator freely selects ANY card which is then lost back into the pack! The spectator then fairly cuts two red Kings into two seperate halves of the deck and re-assembles the deck themsleves With NO MOVES you spread the deck and the two red Kings have mysteriously come together in the deck with just one card in between them - the selection! You just won't believe it - you really won't.
VOLUME 2 CONTENTS

Eighteen
A shuffled deck is spread and any card is freely named. This value of this card is used to select two more cards and all three cards are added together to form a random number. The named card is turned over and amazingly it is seen to be the only card bearing a messaage: TURN THE BOX OVER! The card box is turned and in huge black letters is the sum total of the three cards!

Pip My Ride
You visually move a pip from one card to another - then you eat the pip! Seriously!

Gnoma
A strange kind of sandwich effect where nothing is as its seems!

Progression
A progressive assembly with a backfire!

Trick Question
A spectator names a four of a kind and an 'observation test' takes place - the spectator being asked to follow the movements of one of the cards. Suddenly the cards all change to a completely different four of a kind and the named four is discovered in the centre of the pack! All but the one the spectator was keeping track of that is - that one's in your pocket!

Void Voyage
You visibly remove a hole from a playing card and have it appear on a selection that is held tightly between the spectators hands! A crazy 'moving hole' gimmick makes all this possible!

New Addition
A mathematical card trick - but it's NOT boring!

Twist Again
Dai Vernon's classic 'Twisting the Aces' gets the Forrest/Francis treatment!

Ultimate Separation
An 'Oil and Water' routine on steroids...or should that be acid? Ends with an amazing separation of the cards while they're safely locked in the card case!

The Colour of Money
How to play pool with playing cards! A routine that is literally bursting with magic and ends with the logical production of a full sized 8 ball!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Two great minds coming together!
~Joe
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Cameron,
This looks great. I've been waiting for this release for a while now. This looks like a lot of great stuff and coming from both you and Dave I have to believe we will be getting our moneys worth out of this project. Can't wait!!!

Thanks,
Bill Perkins
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
The 19the of january I recieved an email from Dave's site announcing the new DVD.
5 seconds later I sent my pre-order in, not knowing the content yet.
Why ? You don't have to know the content of a DVD from David Forrest and Francis Cameron. You simply KNOW those two men deliver good material.

For those who don't know that, they have apparantly given the content in this topic Smile
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Dave Forrest Rocks!
And that other guy is good too. Smile
Just joking, I am so there. No review needed for me.

Two of my favorites together, yippie!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, guys.

Just so you know, about half the material on the dvds were joint collaborations. The other half are things we came up with independently and didn't bother asking what the other person thought.

;)
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
These two guys are not only some of the nicest guys in magic but are also the most incredibly creative. Dave is just mentally creative in everything he does and Cameron finds magic with everything he looks at. Been waiting a long time for this and can't wait to check them both out! Rockin!

Jamiedaws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
My pre-order was put in the instant I received the e-mail from Dave. This is going to be the DVD of the year. I have purchased nearly every single item that Dave has put out, and every item I have received is just incredible. He is my favorite creator hands down. And Cameron is right up there as well.

Do yourself a favor and put your pre-order in now. If your not familar with either of these gentleman's work, I promise, you will not be disapointed.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I hope not! Smile

It's all pretty commercial stuff. We shot performances of some of the tricks live in a pub. I have no idea if they are on the dvd or not. It was late and we were tired so who knows how they came out! But it was FUN!
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
I've pre-ordered them also. I've only done that for the John Bannon set.

Like many people, I think that "a Forrest/Francis collaboration" was enough to make me interested with these dvds, but I have to confess that the different plots you came up with sound very exciting.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Willhyde995
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Willhyde995
I sent my pre-order off, when is this dvd set likely to arrive?
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Willhyde995 - The DVD's will ship next week.

When they do start shipping, the current offer of 'Both volumes for £19.99' will end and each volume will go up to £14.99. It's also worth mentioning that, if you'd only like one volume to 'test the water' as it where, you can pre-order single volumes for just £10.99 each.

I've just added two of the LIVE clips from the DVD's to the website. Me and Cameron had a LOT of fun shooting these DVD's - it was one of the longest weekends of my life but it really was a HOOT! Check out the videos at the website and please excuse how tired we both look!!

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Ha, Dave I just saw the videos up on the site! They turned out better than I thought they would! Seriously, though, good stuff. And those guys were such a receptive crowd. But I bet they never want to watch another card trick again! Smile

And, yes indeed, that is my trick 18 which somehow went viral on YouTube when it was released as a download. The PDF alone sells for $10 so getting it on a dvd with nine other tricks for a little under $20 (American) is a bargain!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
UPDATE: All pre-orders have been shipped over the last two days.

Thank you all for having faith enough in the project to pre-order. I think it's some of the best material either of us have released in a while. And, those of you who are attending Blackpool can come by the Full 52 stall and judge for yourself in a few days time - I'll be demoing the sh!t out of these two volumes all weekend!

All the best,

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Wish I were going to be there... I can't wait to see these myself! Smile
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Can't wait to see some of your stuff guys, I will come over at Blackpool !

Best Wishes

Mark
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-17 04:40, sas wrote:
Can't wait to see some of your stuff guys, I will come over at Blackpool !

Best Wishes

Mark

Mark I forgot to mention to you, our stand is right next to Dave's!!

Looking forward to seeing all your great stuff Dave, and hopefully catching up with Cameron in March.

See ya tomorrow!!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

I am so excited!! My pre-order should be arriving any day now. I know that this DVD is going to be incredible.

Cameron, I just watch the live demo of 18 on Dave's site, and Hot Dam*! That's a killer effect! And you were not kidding about youtube.. I typed "Cameron Francis 18" into youtube's search engine and Dear God.. I don't think that there are more performance videos of any other effect in the history of the interet!

Seriously though, I know for a fact that I'm going to be adding 18 to my repertoire. Right next to Cagey, which is one of my favorite effects to perform.
Great work Cameron!!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
The two DVD's arrived this morning and I watched all the effects.
I honestly must say that I am a little disturbed.
Normaly on TWO DVD's full of card tricks you expect at least some tricks that are less interesting or that are not "workers".
So when I was watching effect after effect, I was waiting for one or more lesser effects. They did'nt come...
On this DVD's there are no minor effects and it is almost impossible to say which is the best. It is of course a matter of taste, but all the effects are potentialy evenly good or shall I say terrific.
I think it will be very hard to make a review of this DVD's. In my opinion ALL the effects deserves a 9 or a 10/10.
I know that sounds a little childish but I realy cannnot say more about is.

Apart from the fact that David and Francis could have give a sort of warning on the DVD-cases that there is not one single minor effect on this DVD's. You simply don't expect that and that is disturbing Smile

Many thanks David Forrest an Francis Cameron for those DVD's and I mean it.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

LOL!! You lucky bum! I'm patiently awaiting mine to arrive..
I totally know what you mean though. That's exactly how I felt when I watched Trickery, and The Omega Mutation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Forrest/Francis Project » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL