The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Aaargh... Green Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Watched Lennart Green's Volume 1 yesterday and it's horrible...

First, he's a fabulous technician which is really depressing for a mortal like me Smile

Second, he doesn't really explain his moves. His "slow motion" is faster than my charlier cut (not really, but it comes close) so it's kinda hard to understand his "Pivot-5 cut", for instance.

Third, there's his wonderful Top Shot but all he says is "you have the thumb here, this finger here and that one here" - grmpf! Anyone who's got experience with this move?

Happy Magic,
Chris
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1644 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I know what you mean. I bought those tapes, and there's hardly anything on tape one that I can do or that I'll ever be able to do. (I haven't watched the other tapes yet.)

But it's beautiful to watch such artistry. Depressing, but beautiful.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
chris.
I know what you mean about the Green moves.
Took me ages to figure out his lazer deal!

I have some clips on my site and one is of me doing the top shot.
http://www.baz94.com/clips.htm
You may be able to slow the clip down enough to see the best way to do it.
If not, mail me and I will be happy to type out a description for you.

Good luck
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1644 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I should warn you, Chris, that Baz is one of those annoyingly gifted people who can do all the impossible sleights that we mere mortals can't master.

Or perhaps he just practices more than me. Either way, just 'cos he can do it, that doesn't mean that the rest of us can.

Nice to see you here, Baz.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I like Lennart because I am a card guy, but most of his stuff is not very entertaining, especially to lay audiences. My wife could only take about 30 seconds of him.

He ought to drop the whole bit of dribbling the cards and producing an object like a bottle or his shoe. It looks really bad.
ME
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Hi Baz,

I've watched your clip "Snap Change Special" and I'm really-really interesting to learn that technique.
It was very supprising.
Could you tell me how I could learn this move? What books or Video I should buy to learn it?

Hengky
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
Thx for your comments on my snap change Hengky.
Unfortunatly, it is not in any book. This is a variation I came up with myself when in a bar one night.

Are you familiar with the normal snap change? if so then it is the same workings. The difference obviously being that you change it to a large coin rather than a card.

Hope this helps.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Quote:
On 2002-04-05 07:09, Mark Ennis wrote:
I like Lennart because I am a card guy, but most of his stuff is not very entertaining, especially to lay audiences. My wife could only take about 30 seconds of him.

He ought to drop the whole bit of dribbling the cards and producing an object like a bottle or his shoe. It looks really bad.

To be fair, his magic isn't for lay audiences anyway... I think he's one of these magicians who does magic for other counjurers. Either way, his boring patter contrasts with his magic beautifully. And no, I can't do much of his stuff either!

Saxon
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
This is just another example of why I prefer books over videos. On video, the explanation is usually not very thorough, with a terse "You can rewind the tape" to cover everything. Books usually tend to give much more in-depth explanations.

I know there are some books/manuscripts with some of Lennart's moves in them--don't know if the one you want is one of them. Might be worth checking, though.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
wow baz!! nice snap variation... where the h**l does that card go man??? I feel retarded!!
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Boy, am I glad that you are talking about Lennart Green and not me!

Regards,

Paul Green Smile
Reian
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
117 Posts

Profile of Reian
Baz, I hate you and that topshot clip heh. To fast...
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Baz,

Yes I'm familiar with normal "Snap Change" but I wonder where the card go...

I'm not asking the method but just want to be sure that you are not using "Camera Advantage" because when I saw your clip, your right hand that hold the card is near beside the right limit of the camera's view.
I suspect that you throw the card that you hold to the right but the camera could not "catch" you because your right hand was near the right side limit of the camera's view.

Please don't be angry. I'm not underestimate your ability.... just to make sure that MY THOUGHT WAS WRONG.....

Hengky
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
Hengky, I understand what you are saying and I am by no means angry. In fact, I'm flattered. It shows I've done the move well Smile

I have no problem with letting you know how I made the card disappear.
When performing, Sometimes I get the spec to pick a card, then show them their card, and say "Lets do magic with something else" Then I do my snap variation.
The coin appears and I say "OK, magic with coins" after a pause I inform the spec that I'm better with cards so place the coin in my pocket and continue with cards.
I use the same method for making the card disappear and It has never failed.

I warn you though, It is a pig of a thing to get right but when done smoothley, it's great.
I have no trouble sharing the method with people.
Hengky, mail me and I will tell you what I do Smile

Just for the record, I know there are non magicians that scour the boards so when I get e-mail asking about it, I will reply to people that are interested in magic, not to people looking for "How to do that" type things

(Apologie for rambling on)

p.s. thanx Reian Smile hehe
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I have to say, that REALLY got me when I saw it too.
VERY nice variation, Baz.

I, too, am curious as to where that card goes.
I feel stupid watching that clip but love it all the same.

You may get an email from me soon.
I'll sleep on it and see if anything springs to mind, so to speak.

Gonz
:carrot: Smile

ps, Nice to see some more Englishmen here, Baz. (I'm only in the states for the year, I return to England in June.)
Hello.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Baz,

Please let me know your email so we could discuss about your "Snap Change" technique and to prove that I'm magician.... I will let you know the key point to do Lennart's Top Shot.
The Key point is on the pinky....

Hengky
thelastdoctor
View Profile
New user
Dayton Ohio/USA
69 Posts

Profile of thelastdoctor
Baz,

Now I see what all of the fuss is about. Great stuff on those videos. Would like to buy you a pint, but I think you look fairly young there.

Anyway, I hope the email to discuss some of your moves is an open ended one. Though right now I'm working on my passes.

I don't know how old you are but I wish sometimes that I would not have stopped doing magic in my 20's. But I do look at magic differently at 52 and I still love it.

Congratulations on all the work that went into sleights. Hope we can email one another on card work soon.

The Last Doctor
?who?
:stout:
P.S. How's the secret area coming? Any Jelly Babies cloggin' up the works you want to get rid of?
The Last Doctor
?who?:stout:

I’m always looking for the perfect pint or sugar free Jelly Babies...
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
WOW! Thanx to all for these comments! I am happy that you all liked the clips and one in particular he,he,he. Smile

Doc, young? I'm 28 So will expect that pint! Smile

Hengky, I know what you mean with the pinky, I will be replacing that clip with another and have the pinky bit rectified Smile

Guys, What I plan to do is to do another clip showing the technique for my snap variation. I will obviously keep the url out of reach of people other than my peers. You guys (My peers) will receive the url. Whoever is interested, mail me:
postmaster@baz94.com
When I have done the clip, I will reply to your mails with the url to the clip.

Thanx again for the comments. Glad you liked it Smile
Miss Direction
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of Miss Direction
Baz, that snap change was unreal! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Aaargh... Green Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL