The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Have you ever been asked for a proposal? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Hi all,

I pitched a corporate client and they asked me for a written proposal. Has anyone ever been asked to submit a proposal before? If so, would you be kind enough to share what you included? I'm working up a proposal now but am afraid it might be too long and complicated. I've started with a cover letter followed by the proposal itself which consists of an understanding of what the client needs, how I can address his/her needs, what my show will consist of, something about me as a professional and then what my services will cost him/her. Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dov
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
539 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Sent you a pm
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For corporate magic it is SOP.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2432 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I've been asked to submit my bid on a show from a government agency.

The spex were written with a lot of detail as to what I would provide, including a bunch of things that my show didn't include. I don't recall them in detail, but what they wanted (though the set of features would have made up a good show) was so specific that I guessed they were written to match a provider they had already identified, and that no one else would be able to provide a rehearsed and audience-ready show with this exact set of features. The bidding process was being conducted only because they had to be able to say they put it out for bid.

Dismaying, but - hey - that's showbiz.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For the 48 years I've been in the business it has been SOP. And more especially the last thirty years for the Fortune 500. Granted there is a great difference in corporations with stocks that are publicly traded versus the local ones. Also as a graduate professor who has taught many MBAs, my contacts and experience may be quite different from yours. Professional managers make decisions using information.

(Magic for politicians is not corporate magic. Although I have been furnished to them by corporate clientele. During the Clinton administration that even included Arkansas. And I am not a Democrat.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Among professionals, the standard joke about me is that the only time I do birthday magic is if Granddaddy is Chairman of the Board. LOL
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Have you ever been asked for a proposal? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL