The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Steven Youell's Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I recently joined Mr. Youell's website and wanted to let everyone know how impressed I was with the material available. I've downloaded all of the tutorials and have been spending my evenings reviewing the different learning videos. It has motivated me to spend more time working on my cards.

Mr. Youell is an accomplished card man, as you can tell from his work. He explains the moves, shows you everything you need to learn them and also goes into his thinking behind a lot of moves. The videos show the detail from different angles and are very useful in understanding what he is teaching.

I consider myself an intermediate card man (I'm more into coins) and have been doing magic for 40 years. That said, I would recommend you check Mr. Youell's site out. The material there is worth many many times the cost of joining the site.

I know a lot of folks here have heard this before, but I wanted to put my two cents in and add my recommendation to the long list of satisfied customers

Craig
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
As a recent subscriber myself, I concur wholeheartedly...
:)

-A
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
As an old subscriber, I also concur...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Bryn Williams
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Bryn Williams
I have been a very satisfied member for just over a year. I believe my card magic (and magic in general) is infinitely better because of the excellent essays, tutorials and discussions on Mr. Youell's site. Mr. Youell consistently makes me think about magic beyond just moves and scripts, his site has encouraged me to think about what I want to achieve as a magician, and how to best realize my goals. By far the best investment I've made towards my craft.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
894 Posts

Profile of evikshin
I will also add that Steve is a very knowledgeable magician, and his work on the top change, in my opinion, is worth the price of admission! He's a nice guy, and willing to help out in private. His tutorial videos are very well done, and he has a talent for teaching. I'm currently working on the Ron Bauer double lift (a knuckle buster if you want to do it perfect!).
I highly recommend joining as well.-Evikshin
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I concur and I will add that I like a site that has a personality in its teaching. The passion of Steven is palpable and the access price is ridiculously low compared to what we get (in comparison to an additional book or a DVD)

Evikshin, once you are at ease with the double lift get into the Action Top Palm which, in my opinion, is an even more useful teaching from Ron Bauer.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2010-01-30 03:48, Lawrence O wrote:
I concur and I will add that I like a site that has a personality in its teaching. The passion of Steven is palpable and the access price is ridiculously low compared to what we get (in comparison to an additional book or a DVD)

Evikshin, once you are at ease with the double lift get into the Action Top Palm which, in my opinion, is an even more useful teaching from Ron Bauer.

Lawrence: Riffle Action Palm..... The R.A.P.

;)

SEY
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5420 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Not only do I wholeheartedly agree with everything that has already been said, I also want to mention that the site is very interactive. The video tutorials are only part of the overall experience, as Steven also offers commentary and insights, and has created a forum on the site encouraging questions and conversation related to the videos, card sleights, presentation and audience management, effects and routines, and even the subject of Erdnase. The package as a whole provides a very satisfying learning experience, and all for less than the cost of a one trick DVD. Smile
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
243 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
His latest tutorial on the Henry Christ Ace Routine could be sold as one of those single effect DVDs. It is over 20 minutes long, very well produced, and, as usual, showcases Steven's gift for instruction.

FM
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Yes, I agree as well. This is money well spent, and as others have said, it has motivated me to work on sleights that I have allowed to remain only half-perfected for many years. And others that I have never learned before. Highly recommended!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I am so glad to be a member of Steve's website. Steve has helped me tremedously in taking my card magic to the next level. Through his tutorials, I have learned how to properly and more efficently perform slieghts I once was to intimidated to even try.

Because of Steve's great teaching, I now have the confidence to add card tricks other than "self working" ones to my repertoire.

fmpilot said, "His latest tutorial on the Henry Christ Ace Routine could be sold as one of those single effect DVDs. It is over 20 minutes long, very well produced, and, as usual, showcases Steven's gift for instruction."

I totally agree! Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I too found Steven Youell's web site to be a goldmine of information and instruction.

And here is what I find refreshing about Steven Youell's videos: There is no B.S.! There is none of the annoying "modern" shaky, zoomy, filtered, or fast cut camera work and no distracting Grunge or Drum & Bass music.

There is also no padding or dancing around on these videos: he get right to the point and takes care that you understand what is going on conceptually and technically. As a person with intermediate level card skills, I think Mr. Youell's well thought out real-world practical methodology is helping my card magic get better.

There is so much to absorb and learn from his site, and as others have mentioned, you can post questions about problems or issues you are having. There is stuff on this site for anyone interested in card magic: original work on the pass, the glimpse, pop-out, control, shift, double lift, etc.

Evikshin mentioned the tutorial on the Top Change, and I must also give a tip of the hat to Mr. Youell for finally explaining (in a clear way that makes sense), exactly how technique, blocking, and timing must come together for the top change to be successful. It simply blows away all previous top change explanations I have seen or read (which were mostly on technique).

I could spend so much time on any one of his tutorials, but I try to take it in slowly and practice, practice, practice.

Douglas M.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Superb teaching instruction, excellent video production quality,extremely inexpensive membership,a plethora of information.Stop what you are doing and head over to Steven's sight and sign up now!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Don't forget the site:

http://www.stevenyouell.net

It's fantastic. Steve's tutorial on how to 'adjust' your new deck of cards to make them faro like a dream literally is worth the price.

Steve is a gifted card-man and has dedicated himself to helping others improve their card magic.

What are you waiting for: JOIN NOW!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Four years ago, I'd never heard of Steven Youell. I was trying to start a magic convention on the west coast. One of our lecturers had to back out at the last minute. One of the other organizers said, "I'll call Steven Youell and see if he can fill in." I didn't care really, as long as we filled the slot.

Got to meet Steve before his lecture/show. He was quiet and seemed a bit shy. When he got on stage, a monster performer emerged. He was absolutely the hit of the entire convention. Steven Youell is easily the my favorite performer and entertainer who works solely with cards. Why is he so darned good?

He analyzes each trick he chooses to perform down to the very roots of the effect his audience will perceive. He chooses plots that are crystal clear to the audience. He translates those magical events into complete presentations that will leave any audience amazed and with tears of laughter running down their faces.

No other single source of information about card magic will serve both the beginning and intermediate card student in a rapid and comprehensive journey of mastery. Steve can and does cover the entire gamut of learning and study.

KG
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Kent,
Neither Steven nor you need my confirmation to your statement in the previous post but please receive it for whatever it is worth.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Hey-- they locked and moved the thread. Before this one is locked, here's the info:

http://www.stevenyouell.net/public/membership.html

SEY
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
I too have recently joined Mr. Youell's mentoring site. The man is a wonderful teacher. The Ron Bauer TTT alone is worth the price of admission.
I'm as real as you think I am
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
This looks great, I'm in!
iggy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of iggy
Anybody know where the site is gone, and whether Steven is OK?

I still haven't got my palming DVD :-(
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Steven Youell's Website (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL