The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » PPC marketing / site specific (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
752 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Has any of you that do Google ppc tried to target to the ad network and select specific websites??

I'm getting ready to run a test and was wondering if I could curb some of that by asking around..

specificly have any of you targeted parent mag's or msg boards that run adsence?

and do you see a higher conversion rate by targeting like this?
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
539 Posts

Profile of Carducci
I do. I'll look at my data and let you know what the trends look like.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I have content and search partners turned off right now....

Don't feel like dealing with them at the moment! lol
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
I haven't tried this; it's an interesting idea.

Where I see a challenge is that your carefully crafted direct response PPC ad [Need Birthday Party Help?] has to become to some degree an Image ad [Hire Bluto the Great] because the folks on that site may not be there specifically searching for a solution that you can offer.

It's kind of like sending out a birthday party sales letter to a list of parents - w/o knowing when the kid's having a birthday.

You might catch someone when they're interested, or you might not.

I may try this, but I'd go in without a lot of hope for it.

It seems like Google would like it though. What it will do is give you more impressions, with the likelihood of lowering your Click-Through-Rate -> which affects adversely your quality score -> which affects the actual costs of your bids and how much you have to pay for position.

Like I said, worth considering but also worth thinking through carefully.

--Jack Turk
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
752 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Jack,
yeah that's on the same track that I was thinking

Here is the concept though I believe (and am testing) that Google is using LSI for placement of ads withing the network so let's say we target (GMAIL) and write ads for birthday parties. It will only show the ad if someone is talking about a birthday or a party or a upcoming party. So it would be a much more targeted audience and because it's gmail you can limit how often you have impressions by going LONG tail with the keyword phrases. But you should have a higher conversion because of how targeted it is.

anyway it's a thought. I am getting ready to setup a campaign for a client and run it
TheMagicianGuide
View Profile
New user
Wheat Ridge Colorado
90 Posts

Profile of TheMagicianGuide
If you track your campaigns down to the last detail, there is really no way you can "hurt" your stats . . . just think in terms of what or who is a direct competitor, and on what other sites your potential customers might be surfing . . . PPC has really taken a hit out of most people's budget over the last two years however . . . but if you stick with it and have a consistant branding and message, it can really really pay off nicely in terms of ROI over time . . . know your customers, their demographic etc. that is the real key to PPC . . .
TheMagicianGuide.com - National Magician Directory.

The Magician Guide is part of Kids Party Resource network of childrens entertainers and event rentals.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » PPC marketing / site specific (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL