The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Monte by Wolfgang Moser (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2010-02-11 10:28, lumberjohn wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-11 09:18, Corbett wrote:
As a reference, where would one find the Skinner Monte in print?

It was a marketed effect by Michael Skinner titled "Michael Skinner's Ultmate Three Card Monte." I do not know whether you can still purchase the original effect, but those would be your search criteria. Bill Malone has a presentation that is very similar to the original, though with Bill's trademark comedy style, on his original L&L DVD set.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=5389
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It looks good, I admit, but I think I'm sticking with Mike Roger's "Unconquered Card."
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
My question... when will Vanishing Inc. have free shipping again so I can get more of these refill packs? Picked up one at the time, and am kicking myself for not getting more Smile

John
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
I watched the Demo before reading anything about the routine, and as I watched it I thought this is really amazing and then I realised that this was just a variation on the Skinner Ultimate 3 Card Monte!

But before I, as a magician, realised this I was amazed, so honestly I think this would really work well for laypeople. All the displays at the beginning flew right past me, I actually had to rewatch the demo to see them as it was all so natural I just saw 2 black cards and a red one, all shown completely freely!

I think this is great, I'm just gutted as I have only just bought another monte routine (Diamonte) the other week! Better get saving!

Mike to answer your question the refills are $10 for another 20 gimmicks. Someone on another forum mentioned that have were blue backed and half were red backed bikes, hope this helps.
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
miker50
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of miker50
How do you like Diamonte Dan?? I have been on the fence about that one. Demo looks great!

Mike
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Without trying to sidetrack the thread, I really like it! Only downside for me is that you need one arts & crafts item that isn't so easy for me to get ahold of, but other than that I think it's great! PM me if you need further details.

No back on track, has anyone else got any comments on Miracle Monte?
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I purchased Miracle Monte and always perform a new effect for my very honest and opinionated spouse. She was very impressed and enjoyed the routine. Her comment was "The only way that could have happened is if you had a special card, I saw you tear that A off the card" "That was REALLY good"

She was spot on obviously, but because of the structure of the routine she just shook her head in amazement and as was mentioned didn't ask to see the torn piece.
This passed the test for me. If my better half is impressed then I KNOW it will work out in the trenches.
David Paul
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I was lucky enough to meet Wolfgang last month in Vienna (super nice guy, btw!). He performed the effect for me and, even though I had already seen it, it still amazed me.

It really is a lovely routine.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I performed Moser's Miracle Monte at a restaurant gig last night and people were genuinely surprised and loved it. I too thought the effect would be figured out but by the responses and facial expressions I was wrong......After performing it I totally agree with the following post by Andi Gladwin:

Quote:
On 2010-02-01 11:53, AndiGladwin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-31 15:15, ross welford wrote:
What conclusion will a reasonably intelligent person come to when he sees that final sequence? He'll conclude (rightly) that you had a card that was gimmicked in a particular way, and that that gimmicked card was central to the stuff that you did before!

Then again, maybe it's just me...

Hi Ross,

I am able to speak as someone who has performed this routine repeatedly at paying gigs for lay people over the past few months (Josh and I try out everything we sell -- if it stays in our working repertoire, then we sell it!).

I can honestly say that in my experience, nobody has ever told me that they thought I was using gimmicked cards. I urge you to try it before coming to such conclusions because I can genuinely say that nobody has ever suggested such a method. Both Josh and Wolfgang (who has performed the routine hundreds of times) report exactly the same.

Cheers,

--Andi
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Quote:
On 2010-04-27 17:16, big dan wrote:

Mike to answer your question the refills are $10 for another 20 gimmicks. Someone on another forum mentioned that have were blue backed and half were red backed bikes, hope this helps.

Just to be clear .
So it is gonna destroy one gimmick and cost 50cents each time you perform .
Is it really so much stronger than Skinners monte ? I love that trick , it doesn't use up any gimmicks and gets great reactions , Particularly Bill Malone syle!
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Hi Roki,

Yes it does cost each time you perform but I think it's well worth it to end totally clean for this type of effect.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I agree with what many have said. This is strong stuff for a lay audience. Sure, you're destroying a card during each performance, but fifty cents per gaff is a small price to pay.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWiles.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Nice routine. Nice variation on Skinners effect.
Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
I just received Miracle Monte. It takes a little practice to get the routine down, and it plays great. It comes with 20 gaff cards and they were running a special and threw in 20 more for free. Great effect.
ernest
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ernest
Miracle Monte by Antonio, an amazing french magician :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRGFmM3VNC4
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This does not play for me. As with most thing from VanishingInc, what you see is what you get, the demos are always fair. I have fooled with Skinners Monte but for me, this version has too often led to the spectators correctly concluding the method as the only possible one. Mabye my timing is off but that is my experience
suella4ever
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of suella4ever
Quote:
On 2010-01-31 15:15, ross welford wrote:
I dunno. I'm a HUGE fan of these guys, but this is extremely odd.

It's very like Skinner's Monte but with a twist: you expose the gimmick!

What conclusion will a reasonably intelligent person come to when he sees that final sequence? He'll conclude (rightly) that you had a card that was gimmicked in a particular way, and that that gimmicked card was central to the stuff that you did before!

Then again, maybe it's just me...

Its not just you, I had the same issue. But there is a solution to this (which works for me), because it allows me to do this routine & end up clean without exposing the method. PM if you are interested.
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
I was very disappointed with having to destroy a card every single time, I just use standup monte by garret thomas and If I find myself in a suss enviroment were people might snatch cards off me, I would do miracle monte, I have them both prepared and I do a few effects at first just to find out what sort of audience I am dealing with
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
This always kills for me. Even when I perform it for analytical types, they are still surprised and love that they are. I think far too many people here are making th mistake of "thinking like a magician". Even when "reasonably intelligent" folks are shown this routine they are entertained. Do they think hard about it afterward and deduce the method? Maybe. Many couldn't be bothered. Not everyone is totally obsessed with dissecting every effect they see. Especially if the effect surprises them in a way that doesn't challenge them. Don't perform this as a complete "sucker" effect and you will have a great time with it.

Jim
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Bear in mind that you can, wich Wolfgang demonstrates on the dvd, appearantly show the full face of all the cards in the beginning of the effect.

You can´t do that with Skinners (Taytelbaums) monte.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Monte by Wolfgang Moser (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL