The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jumper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Is anyone here using it in his repertoire? How it plays? I found it great but a little complicated!
Thanks for the responses,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
I only use the 2 phases after the band is broken by the spectator. Those alone were worth it to me. If I'm in the middle of a routine and the band really breaks I go straight into these phases. Comes in really handy. Preface it with a couple of your own phases and it's a killer. Of course, it all depends on how strong your other phases are. The reactions I get from my overall routine are insane. I love Joe's stuff, but like you I didn't feel comfortable performing his routine as he did it. Make it your own, and it won't be complicated.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I use those two phases and also I like the broken and restored phase.
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
I probably have the phases out of order due to not seeing the dvd in a long time. I just took what I needed and ran with it. The phases I use are the couple where you take the knot off and throw it back on, but not the one in the mouth. Then the phase where you actually restore it is killer.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
First off I will say I like the routine and how well it looks when he does it.

I am finding the instruction to be difficult to follow. I have this and Extreme Rubber Band and find his instruction to hard to follow at times. He is thinking on the fly on his DVDs and will sometimes confuse by changing what he just said.
That being said, he seems like a nice guy.

On JUMPER there is some very poor lighting and angles. Sometimes his hands are blocking what he is explaining, other times the inside of the hands are in shadow.
When he will say now move this hand or that finger or that part of the band, his hands are so tied up in the band that I had to watch over and over to try to figure out what he was referring to.

I am still having a tad bit trouble with Rock Band variation 1 for cover but think I have not put in the time to follow it exactly.

The phase that is giving me real trouble is the one hand knot pop off and back on. I am using yellow Alliance bands and figure he must have some strong fingers to keep it looking the same size. My knot is not popping back where I started, the band is moving all around during the stretch and I have yet to get the angles or timing down since he does not go into enough detail on how to get from one point to the next. Sure it is on video to go in slow mo but I would have liked more focus on this phase.

Hansel is this the phase you found complicated?
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
PowerMagic:
Yes!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Laurent A
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Laurent A
No, I've never used it!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
To me, The jumper part can be obvious if repeated. That is, from my angle I do not know why people do not connect the dots.
Sure enough I showed someone from another country and the first time they seemed surprised but for Bitten she says, I think it is in your hand. Just as I was blowing it back.

I still have not figured out how to shield the first pluck off with the one hand.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I think in a general way he is using large swinging motions of his hands and arms to cover the dirty work of the hands. I am not sure this coreography is shown well in a continuous shot.
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
I use some of the phases, but not the whole routine. It is quite visual but it will be boring if keep doing the whole routine.
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Being someone that does a lot of rubberband magic, jumper is one of the best things that ever happened to it.

now when a band really breaks, or a spectator wants to break it you have a funny and very magical routine. its funny because you tie a knot, and magical when you pull it off. when it comes to rubber band material its on the easy side of things and is one of the most unique magical effects!( reactions are awesome)

id like personally thank joe rindfleisch for a brilliant rubberband closer!!! best thing to come out for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jumper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL