The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Important new wireless mike info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
If you are pitching and use a wireless mike, you will be interested in this new FCC rule, which will probably require you to either buy a new system or to use a wired mike and a gimcrack holder instead:

Click HERE to view.

I just happened to see this in the F/X section and figured I better post it here. Of course, the FCC is doing nothing to reimburse owners of existing non-compliant PA systems. And aside from the fact that a gimcrack is ugly, old-fashioned and inconvenient to use, you can't really demo a Magic Worm well with a mike cord running down the front of your shirt. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
The problem isn't really with the FCC rule.

The problem is the interference you're gonna experience from nearby cellphones.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, that's true. But the reverse is also true -- the transmissions from your mic body pack will interfere with other users on that frequency, which I understand is being given to emergency responders such as police, fire and ambulances.

I sure wouldn't want to be the person who garbles a police or ambulance call and prevents or delays it from responding. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Important new wireless mike info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL