The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Thank You, Louis! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesif8WjtX8

Would you pay to see him lecture? Serious responses, and honest, only. No attacks, be honest.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 14:17, Louis LaLaurie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesif8WjtX8

Would you pay to see him lecture? Serious responses, and honest, only. No attacks, be honest.

I did, three years ago. I paid a lot of money to fly from Northern Canada down to Houston, Texas. I spent a week there, along with many others, learning how to do educational programs for schools and libraries. Was it worth it? Every penny. My summers are now completely booked up every year with library shows, using ideas and techniques that I learned from Julian.

It doesn't matter whether you or I like his video clip, the question is whether or not the paying schools and libraries like what he has to say, and apparently they do.

Don't get me wrong, Louis, I'm not saying he recently had a great lecture or not. Remember, I wasn't there, and I haven't heard one of Julian's lectures for a long time. I'm just saying that this guy helped me to make the leap into library shows, which has now become the main venue for my summer work.

Brian
Louis LaLaurie
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
79 Posts

Profile of Louis LaLaurie
Thank you for your honest response, Brian!
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Ken,

The Great Zucchini was indeed there. I bumped into him in the dealers room. Now Eric would be an interesting person to book as a future lecturer.

Best,
James
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 15:11, James Munton wrote:
Ken,

The Great Zucchini was indeed there. I bumped into him in the dealers room. Now Eric would be an interesting person to book as a future lecturer.

Best,
James

I agree. Diaper on the head and everything!

------------------

I saw Julian’s first lecture and thought he was very engaging. I did not see Brad Ross’s lecture.

I’m not a fan of these “success in a box” programs, never bought one and probably never will. But I must say I thought Jim Snack’s lecture was fantastic and positively motivating. Despite his extremely skilled sales pitch I didn’t buy his box, but have no doubt I will be contacting him in the near future for parts of the box.

I also appreciated the fact that Jim gave you a ton of helpful information in his lecture. It wasn’t just a lecture about why you should buy the box. It ended up being the highlight of the convention for me.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Hey guys, thanks for all of the responses! Let me post a few answers to some of the questions here.
1. Julian Franklin and Brad Ross did an excellent job. I continue to get compliments to the professionalism and content of their lectures. I recommend listening to ANYTHING these two guys have to say about business. I would never un-invite them. They both have been invited back. If you get a chance to see video of Julian's closing lecture for Kapital Kidvention don't pass it up. You will look at performing with a new light. (His lecture and many others will be included in the DVD set)
2. The Great Zuccini was there and WILL be lecturing at next year's Kapital Kidvention on performing for 3 and 4 yr olds. YEA!
3. I am already at work on next year's Kapital Kidvention. Remember it will be twice as fun because there will be one in DC and in Los Angeles. I hope to see you there!

Louis Meyer
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
I didn't see Brad Ross' lecture, but I did see Julian Franklin's. It was primarily on crowd control with kids -- at least that's what I took away from it -- and it was very interesting. I won't say there were any startling revelations, but it was good, solid material.

Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great!
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Check out the highlight video from Kapital Kidvention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKUvkrYhBQ

See you in Los Angeles or DC next year

Louis
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Nice job on the video. For those who don't know, the guy doing the Chico routine at the end was the Kapital Kidvention host and main-man: Louis Meyer. And it was a great routine. I'm looking forward to next year's convention and hope I can spend more time there.

Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I have just discovered this interesting thread after all these years! I was honoured to be chosen as a featured lecturer at this, the first ever Kapital Kidvention!! JR
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
You have so little going on that you need to bump a decade old thread to brag about appearing at some tiny convention?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, Futureal wrote:
You have so little going on that you need to bump a decade old thread to brag about appearing at some tiny convention?

Actually, I think it would be of great interest to many, as The Kapital Kidvention is still going strong after all these years, and is actually taking place, I believe, this week in Washington DC. It is now well established, along with Kidabra, as the two premier children's entertainment conventions in America. Not quite sure what your point is, Futureal, but my guess is that you likely don't have one, which is fine by me. JR
Smile
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Kidabra is dead, they don’t even get 50 people going now.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, Futureal wrote:
Kidabra is dead, they don’t even get 50 people going now.

That is simply not true....but you are welcome to continue your pointless attacks on conventions for children's entertainers, as it sadly seems to make you happy and confrontational. Bless you my friend, and I hope you find a light at the end of your dark and angry tunnel!! JR
Smile
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I've no idea on attendance at Kidabra, but I'm sure I know that JR never misses a chance to promote his humble self. Smile Smile
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2020, Al Kazam the Magic Man wrote:
I've no idea on attendance at Kidabra, but I'm sure I know that JR never misses a chance to promote his humble self. Smile Smile

How are things down under mate? Good to know you are still around and stirring up trouble!! Happy New Year my friend!! JR
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Thank You, Louis! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL