The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Beyond Belief - Pigeon Forge, TN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Here is a message from Tony at Magic Beyond Belief:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Deborah Fee Newsom, (865) 414-6887 or (865) 774-8877

Branson’s Master Showman of the Year Sean-Paul Coming to the Magic Beyond Belief Theater in Pigeon Forge

Pigeon Forge, Tenn., January 28, 2009- -- “Branson’s Award Winning Specialty Show of the Year for 2009” Sean-Paul and company will soon debut at The Magic Beyond Belief Theater on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Master Showman Sean-Paul, his wife, Juliane, and their “baby” Frankie-the trained monkey, will hold audiences spellbound with their jaw-dropping illusions, telepathy, sleight of hand tricks and most of all – breathtaking surprises!
The new “Magic Beyond Belief” Show will debut on February 5th with fast-paced magic sequences that will appeal to magic and illusion lovers of all ages. Sean-Paul will perform his rare combination of magic, quick-witted comedy and audience participation six-nights-a-week at the theater. The show will include birds, tigers, and serval cats in addition to Frankie the mind reading monkey. “No other show in the country has a monkey, much less like Frankie. Frankie has been seen on national and international television including ‘America’s Got Talent,’” said Sean-Paul. “Frankie has gained a national following. He slams a red buzzer every time I tell a lie. Frankie even grabs my microphone and talks! He is so funny!
“I will be doing a combination of close up, sleight-of-hand and large scale illusion magic,” said Sean-Paul. “The close up magic will be shown on large video screens at the front of the theater so that everyone can see what I am doing. I will also be performing a new deadly escape illusion trick that is terrifying. I will be doing a lot of audience participation with children including a trick with an African Black Mamba snake.”
Sean-Paul and his wife most recently appeared for three months at The Comedy Barn Theater in Pigeon Forge where they received critical acclaim. Prior to that they performed their amazing specialty show at the Grand Country Theater in Branson, Mo. Sean-Paul has enjoyed many honors and accolades and most recently BransonCritic.com voted his show the Branson Specialty Show of the Year for 2009. “With so many great shows to choose from we were very excited to receive this respected award,” said Sean-Paul.
He has also worked at the Magical Palace in the World of Magic, Celebration City, Silver Dollar City, The Comedy Pet Theater and on the Branson Belle, all in Branson. In addition to his wife, Juliane, the show will be augmented by a group of four beautiful assistants: Jessica Smith, Brittany Payne, Mallory Mattney and Lindsay Fee as well as head usher, Johnny. The new family friendly show will be interwoven with short dance production numbers choreographed by Rusty Miller. Sean-Paul and his wife are former competitive ballroom dancers as well as entertainers.
Juliane is also skilled at telepathy and she will appear on the stage blind folded and will be able to tell members of the audience what they have in their purses and backpacks. She is also skilled as an amazing quick- change artist and can change outfits in as little as a half a second.
“Most of my life I have loved to perform magic,” said Sean-Paul. “When I was 8-years-old I saw a magician at the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet in my home town of St. Paul, Minnesota, who took a glass of ink and turned it into a glass of water with a live goldfish and gave the goldfish to the kid who was sitting next to me,” said Sean-Paul. “It was the most unbelievable thing I had ever seen. Shortly after that I went to a magic shop and I saw a magic set and figured out how to do those tricks on my own.”
Sean-Paul has now become a recognizable name in Magic circles. He is a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. As a youngster, his parents would take him to magic contest and talent shows and Sean-Paul had a dream of one day having his own magic act. At the age of 11-years-old Sean-Paul’s dream came true when he performed his first show at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. He did that for four years and Sean-Paul said he gained a huge following after those shows.
At age 21 he traveled all across the country for General Motors performing at corporate automobile shows. He also performed Six Flags Over Texas, Magic Island in Houston, Texas, as well as on many cruise ships for Holland American Cruise Lines. He was the 1997 season opener for the Minnesota Timberwolves in Minneapolis, Minn., and the half time entertainment for the 2000 NBA playoff game the Lakers vs. Spurs in San Antonio, Texas. In 2004 he did a 12-state “Magic Within You” tour and in 2005 he performed at a change of command ceremony on the USS Oklahoma City Nuclear Submarine in Norfolk, Va. In 2006 he was featured at the Reno Hilton and was a guest performer at Mark Kalin and Jinger’s Magic Underground.
“My number one goal at any show is to connect with my audience,” Sean-Paul said. “I want to make even the biggest audience feel intimate as if they were crowded around the kitchen table with good friends, watching and listening to incredible entertainment as an amazing situation unfolds. I am fortunate to be in Pigeon Forge and very excited about our new show.”
This show is fun for all ages. Performances are scheduled at the new Magic Beyond Belief show at 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and matinees at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Magician Duane Laflin will perform at the theater on Sunday evenings at 8:00 p.m. Laflin is a professional magician who is well known for his classy style, sleight of hand techniques, and magically creative thinking. He is renowned for his silk magic.
Ticket prices for both shows are $29.95 plus tax per adult and children 11 and under are free one per paying adult. Additional children are $9.95 plus tax. Call (865) 428-5600 for show reservations. The Magic Beyond Belief Theater is located at 2135 Parkway, Pigeon Forge (between traffic lights 0 and 1). For more information, visit http://www.pigeonforgemagic.com.
David Fee and Jim Hedrick of the Fee/Hedrick Family Entertainment Group operate the Magic Beyond Belief Theater. Now in its fourth season, the Magic Beyond Belief Theater opened in April 2007, and quickly has become a popular attraction in Pigeon Forge, selling out most shows during the peak tourist seasons. The theater is an intimate showroom where everyone can feel they are part of the show. The company also owns and operates The Comedy Barn Theater, The Black Bear Jamboree Dinner and Show and The Miracle Theater, also in Pigeon Forge.
+++
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
We welcome you, Sean!

magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
What happened to Terry Evanswood?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton

CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Lets hear some reviews of the show if anyone has went yet ?
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I saw the show the second night. Many of the new illusions were not in the show, and as I stated, it was only their second night. I see a lot of potential with the new cast.

All of the registrants of the Winter Carnival in March will receive a special performance of the show, so it may be best to wait until then.

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I hear that the show is going very well!

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Looking forward to seeing the show this Friday!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic Beyond Belief - Pigeon Forge, TN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL