The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Fourvelope - A brand new 4 way-out envelope... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Sam's Switcher seems to me a 2-way envelope while the FOURVELOPE is a 4-way one. As far as I know, Marc Oberon has a 3-way envelope that needs a little bit of extra care while accessing each compartment; in the case of the FOURVELOPE this isn't required.

All great items.

Rgds
Sensio
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1852 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 08:27, Sensio wrote:
Well each FOURVELOPE as stated also on the website needs more than 30 minutes to construct. And I may assure you I am making them rather fast. On top of that, some 2 to 3 out of 10 go to garbage because "mass" production brings dizziness and higher probability of doing a simple cut wrong which leads to the whole envelope going scrap...

You still however buy an idea that is brand new along with the physical product you receive. And ideas (especially unique ones and subtle) deserve some value; look around and you will see many items costing less than 2 bucks (labor and materials) being sold (not offered but really sold in good quantities!!!) at much higher prices than a FOURVELOPE. If you take into account what 30 minutes for a 36 years-old Mechanical Engineer may cost, then you see my point.

Another point that I would like to add is that as soon as someones gets a FOURVELOPE then he/she may realise how it is made and maybe replicate as many as he/she likes. In any case, this is a "niche" marketed product and it just can't get at a lower price.

The exchange rate between euro and dollar is an issue currently (as opposed to some years ago) still, however, I hope I could do something about this.

Regads,
Sensio

Well I guess that indeed makes more sense!
Thanks for the precisions! Smile
Best,
Ben
Ben
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3491 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Well I just took the plunge to help the Greek enconomy. Ordered H1N1 as well as the Fourvelope. It will take awhile to arrive in Australia, but I will let you know what I think when the time comes. Send me your best work Sensio
cheerz
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 23:31, takeachance wrote:
Well I just took the plunge to help the Greek enconomy. Ordered H1N1 as well as the Fourvelope. It will take awhile to arrive in Australia, but I will let you know what I think when the time comes. Send me your best work Sensio
cheerz

Many thanks for the interest shown; however you are a true mentalist otherwise I can't suspect how you know we Greeks!!!

All the best
Sensio
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3491 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Well the envelope arrived and its very well made. A nice tool, I like it. H1N1 seems to be taking a lot longer to get here. I'm looking forward to combining these. Perhaps H1N1 could have been published as an e-book to avoid the dreaded post. Very happy with the envelope, feels more natural to me than using a 4 way wallet. I may need to buy a couple more of these befor he gets sick of making them. Nice work Sensio
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-04-04 17:08, takeachance wrote:
I may need to buy a couple more of these befor he gets sick of making them. Nice work Sensio

Reading posts like yours give me the energy boost I need to continue making them.

Actually I get dizzy after I make 5 or 6 of those in a row and then I need to take a long break before making any more...

Best regards,
Sensio
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Fourvelope is not produced anymore. Is there any one here who wants to sell theirs second hand or know where to buy something similar?

Thanks advance,

Mikkel
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
Dear Mikkel you can find a 4 out / way envelope on X-Rated book from Sean Fields
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Maybe it's time to sell Fourvelope as a PDF.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
937 Posts

Profile of jbadman
WIth a printable set of templates included, I'd buy that...
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Wanted to announce that FOURVELOPE is back in business and will be produced again for a short period of time.
More info at www.knockoutmentalism.com

All the best,
Sensio!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
How about a PDF on how to construct them, with a template? That would eliminate the need for you to make them, and you could charge more for the PDF.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Well this idea was also discussed with Paul Daniels who was willing to prepare a DVD with instructions on how to create one.
He liked it so much!... Smile
Anyway this has been discussed again and some points to consider would be:
1) In order to create a Fourvelope the time required is about 30 minutes so most people will never get in the hassle to create them.
2) There are tools for cutting etc that aren't common in 99% of us so in order to sell an instructional PDF and then stating that you need extra tools will be a drawback in sales.
3) There is always the option someone gets one extra to disassemble it to find out the way it's made. Paul did exactly this! But still then only passionate and people good with paper works will be able to prepare one that is "performable"...

Anyway thanks for the tip but at the present moment there are no plans for a PDF...

Sensio
philippos1979
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of philippos1979
I took the plunge today. I have an effect that requires 6 outs so I ordered two. Sensio sounds like a really honest and straightforward guy. Will be posting my thoughts later when I receive them.
-Magic? No,sleight of hand.
-The fact I MAY move my hand;your ability to reason;the motion of the universe; these are magical. Your logical inquiry into the possibility of something extraordinary is itself extraodrinary and that i define as magic...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Fourvelope - A brand new 4 way-out envelope... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL