The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Vinny Marini's All Access 10-Coin Thru Hanky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I just finished watching Vinny's 10th month download in his 12 month All Access project series.

I liked the effect. Is it different from all the other "coin thru hanky" effects that are taught in many of the beginning magic books? Outwardly, no. Same plot: coin penetrates a handkerchief.

But, internally, Vinny incorporates his Rice Krispies Vanish move (taught in the previous (9th) month All Access download) to accomplish the effect, and, in so doing, Vinny more completely teaches a nice visual and audible cadence for the move and the vanish in this 10th episode. (I can still hear Vinny performing and teaching the move in cadence to him saying: "Snap...Crackle...Pop!!" Repeat: "Snap...Crackle...Pop!!")

Also, a very nice acquitment by Vinny in showing the coin still inside the handkerchief.

One coin, one handkerchief. Nothing else. No gimmicks, no duplicates, no secret hidden pockets. Coin and (opaque) handkerchief can be borrowed if you like.

The Coin Thru Hanky premise is not an earth-shattering bit of magic that will get you booked on a late-night TV show. That said, it is a nice little bit of business to have handy in your impromptu arsenal and repertoire.

IMHO, this is not the strongest of the 10 downloads already released but it is a complementary addition to the series. But, it gives you one more way to utilize Vinny's wonderful "Rice Krispies Vanish" move and, as such, it is a nice way to practice and learn the move.

Just, IMHO; your mileage may vary.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mike thank your for your review and critique of coin thru silk hanky
here is a down load

http://vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html
the inspirations comes from Al Schnider nsa David Roth
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great review Turk and it's a wonderful effect. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Vinny Marini's All Access 10-Coin Thru Hanky (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL