The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Spirit Slates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have a nice set of spirit slates (using mirrors) . . . and looking for comedic ways to use them on stage.

...thinking of using a "Mirror, mirror on the wall" ---and looking for a great line OR any other ideas . . .

Thanks in advance!
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I pasted colored pictures on my spirit slates - one excellent and one with scribble all over lines and a "moustache" on the frog. I show both slates with blank pictures (later to be colored), do the nasty work as I put them together briefly to "see if both slates fit" in a bag. I remove them as they don't quite fit, keep a bag, and give one to the kid volunteer. As I cover both with frame away from audience (and kid unable to see his), I make sure the kid helper has the perfect one and I have the shoddily colored one.

Then I talk about how great an artist I am and how the kid is just starting out and we shouldn't expect much from him/her. We do magic painting with wands or pulling colors from clothes or whatever (I do the clothes and gag about "pink eye") and then I show my slate proudly, turn it around with picture toward me to see my handiwork and see I've failed. Then the kid shows theirs and, miraculously, it is painted well. . .

In other words, Spirit Slates can be used as frames for coloring book pages for a good application of "Magic Coloring"
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2580 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
How about making writing appear on a piece of paper but it being illegible. Then you realise it's been written back to front in mirror writing and use one of the mirrors to reveal what's been written.

Maybe writing backwards would fit into your Redneck themed show idea?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Writing on mirrors makes me think of the Shining.

Redrum anyone?

It also makes me think of rubbish newspaper gag but I guess you don't get The Mirror in the states.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2580 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Is there a Snow White/ Wicked Queen; 7 Dwarves; Red apple angle. Maybe you could play the part of Dopey?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy Spirit Slates (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL