The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The One & Only" ...Wicked Man, WICKED! ;) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
*Check it: A coin is at your fingertips, you give it a blow and it's GONE!

You then show your hands completely empty, and then as miraculously as the coin disappears it comes back out of nowhere from an open left hand into full view - It comes out of NOWHERE! Wicked man, WICKED! Smile

This is "The One & Only." Learn this one and you'll be doing it forever. Smile

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/oneandonly.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Anyone worth their salt in coin magic know how it is done just by watching it onc

Still nice to see....Great job

If a person is stating out in coin magic it would be cool for them.

It seems to be a natural process working with coins. Sooner or later a person will play around and come up with ways to put coins moves together. I don’t see anything new, I myself have done stuff like this just goofing around.

Ray
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Can it be done while wearing short sleeves? Ok...I'm kidding.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks MD, appreciate your comments man. Incidentally, I really like your work and your posts on the Café. Always good stuff. Smile

And Harv, "Yes" it can be done with short sleeves.

OK...I'm kidding. Smile Gotcha!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Either way, it looks very magical.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks fonda. Smile It happens very smoothly so specs can soak up every part of it. It's receiving a great response from people. Smile

Guess seeing is believing, or "not seeing" in this case. Smile

Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Excellent, MB. Smooth as silk.

Even if someone was able to deduce your method, I'm sure they would still benefit from the details in the lesson. You've obviously worked all the wrinkles out.

Great eye candy! Keep up the good work!

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Steve, glad you like "The One & Only." Smile

And you're right, the method would have to be "deduced" and then by a magician at that, and even magician do not see the work as the action is imperceptible. Smile Specs have no clue and for me I do most of my magic for laymen but this fools magician's too, perhaps not the bratty ones but most of them. Smile

Again, it's not difficult and when you get it down it ROCKS! I do it around my office all day long for people and many forget that they might've been on their way to the bathroom or to a meeting because of all the immediate amazement. Smile

Hope people continue to check it out and enjoy. Smile

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Once again, very good work.

Ray
BenSimon
View Profile
Regular user
Munich, Germany
137 Posts

Profile of BenSimon
I got it as soon as I saw the demo and am very happy with it. It's pure magic. Once, I saw a guy vanish a coin inches in front of my eyes in a bar and had him repeat it 3 times, my unbelieving stare only grew wider and wider. I told him, I'll pay you for the method, right now. This is exactly the same kind of real magic.

Did you even mention this is no-gaff, no-pull, no-wax, no-sticky-tape, no-star-trek-beaming, sleight only?
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
One might be able to deduce some of what happens, but it's very easy to misdirect and prove that's NOT what happened. All in all, I'm very pleased with this -- and Marion once again makes it simple enough for even me to perform!

*jeep!..and God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Marion has a joy while performing that is truly amazing. He loves to make magic happen.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks you guys for the many good words here of recognition and as to the effect. I've been getting a great response as to this Rocket in your Pocket. Smile

Not hard to do and a whole lot of magic and fun ta'boot. Smile

Here's what they're saying in other neighborhoods about The One & Only. Smile

Quote:
On 2010-02-10 13:39, Turk wrote:
I just got done watching the performance video for the nth time. I was looking for an exposed, sloppy or unmotivated move. Something. Anything. A fumbling, a hesitation, an "AH-HA!! Moment", just anything that the performance video would give a clue as to the handling and explanation. It never happened.

Marion calls this one of his "Quickie-Tricky" routines. It certainly is that. Wonderful choreography between the hands. No fumbling. Just simple and direct. Its a fine bit of business and can be used by itself or as part of a full-blown routine.

Just, IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

Mike

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/oneandonly.html

cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Vinny Marini's boys, Tim and Mb217 create wonderful magic routines for the mainstream of coin workers. This is another example - pull out a coin and do a little miracle right on the spot. This one gets a very very strong response from specs. Strong magic that is doable.

Fun stuff!

That's why they have such a loyal fan base - that, and the fact that they are helpful.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
*cough cough*

Should fool laymen anyways. Nice to see it done professionally Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks cp and Freak, yeah this effect plays very well. I do most of my magic for people that are not magicians, as truly most magicians do but this piece of magic fools a lot of them as well. Smile But truly more interested in doing magic for people that enjoy being amazed rather than for people that regard it as some sort of test they have to pass or something.

A little story from just this week...I did this for a group of people out on the streets of NYC and there were nothing but gasps. They were just specs on the street about 7 people or so, no magicians or so I thought. After I had moved on I noticed a guy waving to me from the group and he indeed was a magician - WOW! He said that while he knew what I did, he thought I did it very well. He went on to say that it wasn't that he saw anything except the magic but he deduced what I must've done. I just smiled and thanked him for enjoying the magic in spite of himself and of course not ruining it for others. It was funny really as he's going to have quite a time pulling all that off as he "thinks" I did with just a Tenkai Pinch. Smile

Just the same, thanks guys and appreciate all the interest in my One & Only.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The One & Only" ...Wicked Man, WICKED! ;) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL