The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to propose a fundraiser plan to restaurants? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Hey everyone,

My name is Alex for those who don't know me. I am a college student and interested in doing a fundraiser with a couple of other magicians that I know. I was wondering anyone have tips on how to propose this fundraiser for the "Haiti Relief Program" to a restaurant/bar manager? My plan is to donate all the proceeds from performing magic to the American Red Cross for the Haiti relief program. My biggest concern is the manager believing the fact that I am donating it to American Red Cross. I've never held a fundraiser before, please shed some light in this area if you have any knowledge on "how to".

Thanks,
Alex
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Actually I have done exactly that after the Earthquake in California. I worked with the Red Cross, coordinated the effort and raised several thousand dollars.

Email me at syouell@cox.net and we'll talk about it.

SEY
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Hey Steven,

Thank you so much for the reply. I will e-mail you as soon as I receive a reply from other fellow magicians.

-Alex
AsL
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of AsL
Why wait for replies from other magicians?

I could be overlooking something but if I were you, I'd probably email Steven ASAP and then ask all the Café members to still respond on this thread.

Just a thought. I wish you well in your adventure and good luck on the project. Let us know how it eventually works out!

All the Best,
Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to propose a fundraiser plan to restaurants? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL