The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Short and Pithy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Saw this somewhere recently and it really made me think:

"A magic effect happens both in the hands of the performer and the minds of the audience members. The second is the most powerful and not always the result of the first."

Best,
Brad Burt
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Nice...there are a lot of great quotations in many magic Books.That a one one.
The one that made me think a lot if from David Regal and say: " I don't understand how people can say that they don't like magic, is like saying you don't like music...maybe you don't find the kind of music that you like, but you like music! "
My best,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8918 Posts

Profile of funsway
Don't know who said it, but I was told --

"Magic is about memories and hope -- a good effect takes a person back to pleasant experiences, and makes them hope for more."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Hansel: It's not really that some folks don't like magic. What they don't like is being fooled which they conflate with being made to seem and for them to 'feel' stupid. That's too bad really and fortunately it is fairly rare. Best,
Brad Burt
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Brad:
You are right, the endless battle of be Mistified and Fascinated or Fooled and feel stupid...Such is life!
My best,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
RodHousley
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of RodHousley
I agree the second part is the most important. If the only person who believes the magic happened is the magician, then it didn't happen. The magician must always keep in mind how the audience reacts and create his magic around his spectators as that is why we perform: are spectators. Otherwise we would just perform in front of the mirror for the one looking back.
bicycle66
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
Rod.. Well said couldn't agree more and as for people not liking magic (or not like being fooled) well isn't it up to the magician to understand their audience if they are enjoying themselves or not and sometimes you can make the people watching look to bethe hero which always goes over well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Short and Pithy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL