The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Can any one name this trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1953 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Can anyone name this trick. You show five 1-dollar bills and the bills are all facing the same way with the heads side up and the tails side down. You lay the bills on the table.

Then you take the top bill and flip it over so the heads side is now facing down and the tail side is facing up starting another pile, you don't flip the second bill over but lay in on the other bill, the third bill is flipped over and placed on the other 2 bills, the fourth bill doesn't get flipped over and is placed on the other 3 bills, the fifth bill is flipped over and placed on the other 4 bills.

So now you have the 5 1-dollar bills that are mixed up with every other bill being either face up or face down. The Magi takes the stack of bills in his hand and all five bills have the head side up. They are no longer mixed.

Thanks for any help.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Sorry that I can't help you, but this remembers me of an old card "stunt" bet where you use a packet of 5 or 6 cards in numbered order in your hand.

You put one on a table, the second under the packet in your hand, the third on the table and so on until you've no cards left in your hands. At the end all cards are in the right number order.

If somebody else tries it they don't get it. Maybe the methode is the same...

Oliver.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2742 Posts

Profile of John Long
I've not seen this done with bills, but it sounds like a Triumph effect done with bills. Look at Wilson's Complete Course for the "Self-Reversing Pack", to see if this method might be what you are looking for.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
I will name it "Charlie"! Smile
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I think this is what you are looking for

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......9&page=1
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Also there is a trick called "Confusing George" that sounds a lot like what you are talking about. It can be found at Steven's Magic Emporium if you do a search for it there. It also has a video of it being performed when you look it up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Can any one name this trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL