The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Straigtening out paper money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Servaas Koomen
Hi all

I'm building a gimmick with some bills that are used. is it true that I can iron them to make them smooth? it makes the construction of the bill way more easy.

if not, any other suggestions?

Servaas
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
You can iron the bills under a piece of cloth, put the iron on the lowest heat, and press the steam when it's on top of the bill. Should work like a charm, and then you can put the bill in the freezer to get rid off the moisture within.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Bills (US) are made of cloth (linen.)
You can wash them between your hands with hand soap and iron them with or without steam. You do not need to put a towel between you iron and the bill.
You can even starch them before ironing them to give them that new bill crispness.

Bob
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I never thought of starching bills before ironing them. Thanks Bob for this advice.

By the way, did somebody already tried to bleach bills or got the experience by accident ? How perfect is the result for this Money to Paper "Incident" Trick ?

I know that banknotes don't like washing machines, since I once forgot one in a pants pocket. Luckally I didn't use bleach for the washing.

Oliver.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
US bills love the washing machine.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Straigtening out paper money (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL