The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew Johnson's Any Card At Any Number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I am very cautious when it comes to ACAAN effects as I, along with many others, have been stung in the past, when it comes to the description. Either many people have purchased this but have declined to review for whatever reason, good or bad, or members are being over cautious. I would like to see a real world demo, to be honest.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
I don't think any of the ACAAN effects will ever be "Perfect". If you're looking for real magic as far as this effect goes, it's never going to happen. Therefore you look at the very best options. If you like this type of effect, then with the reviews and comments from people like Cody Fisher, Danny Archer, Ben Harris and Paul Hallas being good reviews, I would suggest making an investment. If you don't like the effect, then simply don't purchase it. But if you're waiting for the perfect one to come out, then you'll more than likely be waiting forever. Still the question is: "Is this a 'hit em over the head' type effect or not?" Well, that will all depend on how you present it. It's all in your presentation and showmanship just like it is with just about any other type of effect.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Forgot to say what I was going to say at the end. LOL! Anyway, don't ever expect an effect itself to be the knockout trick of your repetoire. If it were just the effects themselves, then the old saying "One magician's trash is another one's treasure" wouldn't be true now would it?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
It's not possible to do an ACAAN as everyone wants. Deck on table, spec says card and number and deals to that card. That's just NEVER how it is. It's how they might want it to be but it's an impossibility for it to happen like that. It would be real magic if it happened that way for real, and there's no such thing as ... well I'll leave that alone.

There will always be something "left out" of a description or video. Is that misleading advert ... or is it a, well that's what the audience sees/remembers thing?

I am done with ACAAN for this very reason. I will buy them to collect. But not in search of grail.

Too much moola for this one though. May be the grail but over my impulse, even collector's price.

J
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Anyone ever notice magicians are in love with ACAAN WAY more than laymen ever are?
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Exactly. I was infatuated with the plot for a while, then I realized that it's not really that great of a plot to see for a Muggle after all. It's not a miracle. Then again I feel the same way about ace assemblies.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very true exitmat.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2010-02-09 10:18, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 17:22, willowtaylor wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-08 16:33, pegasus wrote:
This ACAAN, like most others, is relatively expensive, only average reviews, no demo. ACAAN effects historically, imo, consist mainly of misleading advertising.

Have you actually read the pdf and seen the video? And "Average Reviews"??? :

"This work is Incredible! This is a major leap forward for anyone who wants to add this effect to their
show.....Matthew has paved the way!" - Cody S. Fisher

"Matt's devious method is extremly well explained in this excellent manuscript. No detail has been left out and the copious photos and videos make learning and performing this effect a cinch. This will baffle anyone (even if they do their own version of ACAAN)." - Danny Archer

"The EFFECT on the spectator is direct, uncluttered and to the point. Perfect! " - Ben Harris

"Many have approached the plot inspired by Berglas, but Matthew's approach is simple, direct and workable!" - Paul Hallas

Does not sound like average to me; or are you saying that when Cody, Danny, Ben and Paul offer comments they are simply spewing hot air?

Christopher

Lets have a look then. This effect was released on 4 Feb. From what I read of the advertising this is the ultimate ACAAN effect that everybody would want in their arsenal, right? Over at the 'penny for your thoughts' forum we have 5 decent reviews, 2 of whom are friends. 1 warning on this thread and 1 trying to sell, (which I don't agree with).

I wouldn't say this is the "ultimate"
Magic is a vanishing art.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

Thanks for the emails, PM's and continued purchases.

Russell I could not agree more. Many people I respect have been kind enough to review my work and have given it great reviews.

I have never and will never force anyone to buy my work. If you are interested invest and if you are not don't. I stand behind my work and am very happy at the HUGE body of work my ACAAN represents.

By the way, the PDF has been updated and has now grown from 47 pages to 56 pages. New contributions and ideas have been added from Bill Fritz and Eric Gretencord with their permission, great stuff!

Those that have already purchased my ACAAN PDF will get these new additions emailed to them as a 9 page Bonus Material PDF. For those of you that may still be on the fence, the extra material will be included in your PDF.

Thanks again everyone!

Matt Johnson

http://www.thecorporatemagician.com/magicstore.html
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Bonus Material PDF's were sent out today to all the people that have purchased my ACAAN PDF/Video system.

The extra material is included in the PDF for any new ACAAN customers.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Hey, I just picked up Matthew's ACAAN. It is very good. I am bummed that I didn't get to see it live at Mindvention. It is excellent--and that comes from me, the guy who Jamie D. says has the greatest ACAAN of all time! You have some nice work! Well done
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Picked up ACAAN a few days ago and thought it was an excellent version of ACAAN. I also received yesterday a follow up PDF of exra thoughts from Matthew which contains additional good ideas.

I like very much Marc Paul's idea noted in his forward to Matthew's ACAAN. I'm working on the suggestion of Marc's using Matthew's method.

I'm not a newbie to magic but am a newbie to The Magic Café and I'm enjoying the wealth of information that is around the Café.

Thanks everyone.

Mike
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Does it use more than one deck?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
There is only one deck on the table when the card and number is named, I love it!!! by far the best version out there, but that is my personal opinion.
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
I think you might need a jacket that holds many decks.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-02-12 18:24, magicmalk wrote:
I think you might need a jacket that holds many decks.

An earlier post said this can be used in walkaround and parlor gigs. That means almost no reset and ... practical. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
Jonathan, there is "only one deck on the table". The problem is where do you get that deck from. My guess would be from one of many pockets.
Jv
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jv
Daren says: "There is only one deck on the table..."

But, cardbiker says: "suit named then the deck is bought out..."

Hopefully, you don't have to carry with you 4 deck of cards in each pocket... still on the fence about this one.

Jv
Guillotine+ASYLUM
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
There is a version in the pdf notes where there is only one deck on the table before the card and number is named, it is the method I personally am leaning towards, this is true, one deck on the table before card and number named, cards pulled from deck spectator counts down to there chosen number and voila there is there card.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have seen this as a fellow magician friend bought it. It is an absolute waste of money IMO , nothing new here at all. Supposed to be magicians helping magicians but with advertising worded to mislead the naive magician , I think its totally wrong. Ok there maybe another version as Daren points out but it is poor one IMO. I know you shouldnt be so gullible, as we all know the statement about the deck on the table before card and number named cannot actually happen in the absolute true sense of the words that we all want , but some people do believe it and waste their money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew Johnson's Any Card At Any Number (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL