The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Thought for the day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Groucho
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Groucho
Do you think that trying to sell a Tamariz or Aronson stack on eb*y would get much of a premium over a normal deck of cards? (apart from the exposure of our craft - I would be tempted to give it a go...)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Well the inventor/owners have intellectual copyright on those stacks and so they have every right to be annoyed (Even if you can already find instructions for those stacks all over the internet if someone wants to find it.)

Also as you say, Magicians are not going to be too impressed with the idea either!

But why not go the whole hog with this scam and just sell them a shuffled deck with the instructions:

1. Your deck is in a very special order unique to you.
2. Assign a number to each card according to its stack position and learn which card it goes with.
3. You will now be able to perform many great magic tricks.
4. Get a spectator to pick a card and cut the deck at that point: Get a glimpse of bottom card: You now know what card they picked!

For 1000s more tricks, please order my other scam: "1000 Amazing Tricks With 'Deck Unique'"

:lol:

(If it hasn't been done already, I hereby copyright the term 'Deck Unique')
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Sorry, Groucho, I think this is a silly idea and likely an infringement of the rights of Juan Tamariz and Simon Aronson.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Groucho
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Groucho
Dennis,

I wasn't really serious - I should have put a smiley face Smile at the end of my message. I do totally respect the magic of Juan Tamariz and Simon Aronson.

I like your thinking Shrubsole. Where can I send the envelope full of cash and I can get my very own Groucho stack?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
The Groucho stack? Oooo now that's a lot more expensive as it consists of 52 9 of hearts!

But it can be freely shuffled!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
The problem with the Groucho stack is the back pain one gets from constantly leaning forward.
You know why don't act naive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Thought for the day (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL