The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Sorry! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hi everyone.

OK so a couple of weeks ago I get a call from Ken and he tells me that people are wondering where I am………

Well my broadband has been down since Christmas and I literally only got it back this morning.

Ok so that doesn’t explain why I have not been emailing or charting to people. Well ……

I am posting here to let all my friends (you know who you are!) know why I have not been keeping in touch as well as I should be.

We are not having a great time of it here. 15 weeks ago we were at the hospital having a scan the radiographer looked sad and worried – she told us that there was no fluid around the baby. We were sent for another scan at a bigger hospital that week. Carrie had the scan and then we were taken to one side and told that our baby had virtually no fluid round him because his kidneys were not working. This meant that his lungs were not likely to develop. If they did than he would still have kidneys that don’t work which would be a terminal problem.

So baby Adam was due on the 13th March (the day before Joshua’s (our eldest at 7 years old [his sister Emily is 6]) naturally we were hoping and praying that he would not be born on Joshua’s birthday and either after or before – and early enough for Josh to get over the great sadness that this was likely to bring.

Any way – I am babbling and wanted to try and do this quickly as I feel like cr@p at the moment!

So I will cut to the point as quick as I can.

On Monday the 8th February at 7.24 am (5 weeks early) Carrie gave birth to baby Adam at home. Adam and I were whisked away to the hospital where they helped him breath for a short while. He then died in my arms a little later (somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes although his Death certificate says he lived for 1 hour and 6 minutes). Carrie joined us fairly soon in the hospital. We had 3 days with our beautiful baby son and came home yesterday at about 10.15am possibly the hardest day of our lives.

So there you have it – the reason I have been absent. We have already had 15 weeks of grieving as we were expecting it but to be honest that time has not really helped very much!

Adam has gone to another hospital for tests and will be coming back in about 10 days or so – we can then start to make plans for his funeral – but the hospital will do most of the arrangements which will be a blessing. We have lots of photos of him and some really nice hand and foot prints. Josh and Emily are not doing too bad but are obviously quite sad.

Any how I really need to go and do some mindless stuff that I can just do without having to think too much.

I am not sure how often I will be checking my email etc I don’t really have much motivation. My home email is the_matkins[at]yahoo.co.uk if I don’t get back to anyone too quickly please forgive me.

Thanks for “listening” guys and I hope one day to be able to get back to being a part of the magic café community – but just for now I will say farewell and I will talk to you soon.

And a big thank you to Ken for watching my back and being so kind (sorry Ken didn’t mean to slander your good name by calling you kind! Smile )

And I am sorry that I did not let all my friends know about this before when we had the scan and knew it was coming – we didn’t want it out in the public domain – you know just in case His lungs had developed and his kidneys started working. Also we did not want it getting back to our children before we had a chance to talk to them about it first. Only a very select few knew up front. But thanks for being there for me now!

God bless you all and I hope and pray you never have to do this for yourselves!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
May God bless you and yours Dave in your time of sorrow.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
My prayers are with you. Our family has been there.
Take care!
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You know where Kaleigh and I are if you need us mate Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2487 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You and your family are in my prayers. I wish I could say or do more to help you out mate, but I never know what to say other then a prayer at a time like this.

We are all with you brother.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
This is not something you should have to post "Sorry" about. My wife and I have gone through 3 miscarriages, I hope you and your wife take care.

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Dave.'m sure that words can not describe how you feel. We are so sorry. Please don't be a stranger, we're all here for you.

jay
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Dave...such a sad story, which has really touched me.Thanks for sharing it with all your friends. It's at times like this that you need support, and you know that we are all thinking of you.

Please give me a call, as I miss our long chats. Now I know why I haven't heard from you in a while.

Thanks for telling us.

God bless

Mick
DavisG
View Profile
New user
Virginia
34 Posts

Profile of DavisG
My prayers go out to you and your family, Dave.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Not Good to hear my good friend. I hope all goes well Dave. My Best wishes go out to you.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Sorry! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL