The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rubik Notes - now available as an ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
I have decided to release my Rubik Notes booklet (released in 2009) as a pdf.

The upgrade to the booklet for the pdf version is that it explains my complete solution for solving Rubik's Cube without needing to reference the 'Rubik Remembered' DVD.

Anyways, here is the full info:

The Notes contain my full solution for Rubik’s Cube and are fully colour-illustrated to make learning as simple and direct as possible. The solution is completely self-contained and you don’t need to own the ‘Rubik Remembered’ DVD or indeed anything else to learn to solve Rubik’s Cube – everything is in the Notes.

If however you do own my Rubik DVD you’ll be pleased to hear that the Notes contain time-referenced illustrations of every single move on the DVD, so that students who require some additional help can have a written solution to hand. Simply match up the illustration to the exact time I do the move on the DVD and you have the full step-by-step explanation. Got a mental block about one particular sequence? I give you full permission to photocopy the relevant page so that you can carry the solution in your pocket.

You’ve already learn to solve the Cube? Great!

The Notes also contain three fantastic new presentations which turn solving the Cube into a piece of blockbuster entertainment. I've been using these presentations for years – they are practical and engaging. This also makes them ideal for those performers who wear glasses, for whom the use of my original blindfold presentation is impossible.

Further, the Notes feature a chapter of interesting history, facts and figures to do with the Cube, which can help enhance the expertise of any performer who uses the Cube in their show.

Finally, the Notes contain a brand-new Rubik’s Cube effect which is perfect for anyone who already does or is learning to solve the Cube. This new effect can be used on its own or in tandem with ‘Rubik Remembered’ - either way it’s a killer!

The price is £8.

Please PM me or email: mark@markelsdon.com

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
My record to solve it is 15 seconds Smile

MP
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
MP,

Kudos on 15 seconds, that's quite an achievement! Is there a video of you on YouTube or anywhere solving it?

If you can knock 33% off your time you can think about going for the world record Smile

My method isn't algorithmic like the speed-solving solutions, but uses the layer method as originally conceived by David Singmaster.

It's not designed for speed, but for ease of long-term recall. This means that once learnt you don't have to practice every day (or even every week) but you can still solve the Cube when you do pick it up.

Nevertheless, using my method I can solve the Cube comfortably in about 45 seconds everytime. However, none of my mentalism or magic uses for the Cube involve doing it particularly fast, so it's not really an issue.

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rubik Notes - now available as an ebook (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL