The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Box shelf (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Hi I have the Osborn's plans for the Shadow Box but is that the way shelf works in the pro built versions (it just does not look right).
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Does Paul have 2 sets of plans for it? Some plans call for a wide base all the way around, some have just the Shadow Box, with no visible shelf. So not sure what you mean when you say "is this the way it wokrs".

So, does Paul have 2 plans?

Blair
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Sorry My plan call for tracks inside the box and wheels on the shelf.
Never seen tracks in side a shadow box??
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
You don't need wheels or tracks...if built right, it should work in and out without, in fact this is the first ive heard of a track or wheels.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Use tracks/wheels for speed and comfort.

Blair

(Mine has them!)
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Thanks Blair... I can see where speed would be improved.

Shadowbox was the first illusion I built at the age of 15 (20 years ago). I had worked with a box as an assistant for an illusionist, and his was built by chalet. Now that I think back, it may have had a track as it was very smooth. I built mine without.. had the strength to hold 2 people. I think maybe that was why I didn't consider a track, for strength purposes, that and never seeing the inner workings of one outside of a blueprint.

Shadowbox was always my favorite of all time. Its a beautiful effect. At one point of time, we even used it for a switch. Magician went into the box and audience could see shadow, witch opens box, magician gone, witch removes mask and is magician. LOVE the shadowbox. Anything shadow is a great effect..and why its used so often in illusions.

Enjoy building this one, Illusionman!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Box shelf (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL