The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Harbingers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
I just noticed this:

http://www.lulu.com/product/e-book/harbi......_results

The main effect sounds stunning. Anyone heard of this effect? I searched the Café but to no avail. (AFAIK)
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Quote:
On 2010-02-13 19:05, magicFreak2 wrote:
I just noticed this:

http://www.lulu.com/product/e-book/harbi......_results

The main effect sounds stunning. Anyone heard of this effect? I searched the Café but to no avail. (AFAIK)

MF2,
Couple of reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
That's a dead link, Juan.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
249 Posts

Profile of Dompa
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159

The "9" is missing at the end....
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 12:39, Dompa wrote:

While it sounds great (after reading the thread), I'm now frightfully afraid about how it says it utilizes an "old principle". I've been fooled by many of these descriptions where it comes out to be something unimpressive (swami, one ahead, etc.), that's just repackaged in a fancy wrapper. Have to say that I'll pass.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 12:39, Dompa wrote:

Dompa,
Thank you very much for the correction!

That's what I get for rushing thru the cut and paste....

rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
[/quote]
While it sounds great (after reading the thread), I'm now frightfully afraid about how it says it utilizes an "old principle". I've been fooled by many of these descriptions where it comes out to be something unimpressive (swami, one ahead, etc.), that's just repackaged in a fancy wrapper. Have to say that I'll pass.
[/quote]

From this, it seems to me, that the "old principle"s are unimpressive to you. Which people do you want to entertain? Yourself, other magicians, or laymens?
Cause, if its yourself - then bad news : almost everything can be backtracked towards four basic principles.
Other magicians : Just combine two "old principle" and see how they struggle to bactrack the method.
Laymen? Use the oldest method of all, and package it in some fancy manner.
Sorry, just thinking out loud. Smile
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Harbingers contains solid ideas from a great thinker.

Honestly his first routine "Word of Mouth" is an excellent way to apparently influence the thoughts of others. I really like this. I feel like I need to make comment, becuase I am the one that said "classic method". Actually, his modus operandi, I much prefer over other similar sorts of routines. There is honestly more freedom and less need to be anxious, which I like. It really is excellent. I mentioned to Mark one small detail to make it even easier on the performer (read: less stress), I am not sure if that made it into a final draft, but I would be happy to offer my idea to anyone who purchases (my idea isn't really a big deal, but it helped me to see myself doing this). Done properly this routine should have an asotunding impact on "entertainees". I just wanted to mention this.

Aldo, I hope it's Okay to say that this routine has a "Derren-esque" feel about it. It is great and plausible frame to perform a predicted word effect.

I dig it.

Sean
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 06:46, Waters wrote:
Harbingers contains solid ideas from a great thinker.

Honestly his first routine "Word of Mouth" is an excellent way to apparently influence the thoughts of others. I really like this. I feel like I need to make comment, becuase I am the one that said "classic method". Actually, his modus operandi, I much prefer over other similar sorts of routines. There is honestly more freedom and less need to be anxious, which I like. It really is excellent. I mentioned to Mark one small detail to make it even easier on the performer (read: less stress), I am not sure if that made it into a final draft, but I would be happy to offer my idea to anyone who purchases (my idea isn't really a big deal, but it helped me to see myself doing this). Done properly this routine should have an asotunding impact on "entertainees". I just wanted to mention this.

Aldo, I hope it's Okay to say that this routine has a "Derren-esque" feel about it. It is great and plausible frame to perform a predicted word effect.

I dig it.

Sean

I guess that's as good a recommendation as one can get. I am also a huge fan of Derren-style presentations, so I guess I'll have to take a look.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 20:24, magicFreak2 wrote:

The kind of comment typical of a teenager supremely confident yet blissfully unaware of the depth of his own ignorance. Maturity comes with the realization that the more you think you know, the more you find you have yet to learn.
Dick Christian
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
The kind of comment typical of a teenager supremely confident yet blissfully unaware of the depth of his own ignorance. Maturity comes with the realization that the more you think you know, the more you find you have yet to learn.

Well excuse me for breathing.. If I'm not mistaken I've said just that to you many a time.

I keep on getting these forums mixed up with a combination of a juvenile detention center and a counseling service..
darkdean
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of darkdean
I have just purchased this and I highly recomend it as it contains 5 solid routines they will require work but its worth it.

Dean
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 19:25, darkdean wrote:
I have just purchased this and I highly recomend it as it contains 5 solid routines they will require work but its worth it.

Dean

I also found it highly enlightening, particularly Rhine Gold.
M. H. Goodman
View Profile
Regular user
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
169 Posts

Profile of M. H. Goodman
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 20:01, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 19:25, darkdean wrote:

Dean

I also found it highly enlightening, particularly Rhine Gold.

Dean and magicFreak2 - Thanks for your comments; I'm pleased that you enjoyed my ebook.

Quote:
On 2010-02-15 06:46, Waters wrote:
I mentioned to Mark one small detail to make it even easier on the performer (read: less stress), I am not sure if that made it into a final draft, but I would be happy to offer my idea to anyone who purchases.

Sean - Yes, your suggestion did make it into the final draft. I know that I've already thanked you privately, but thanks again for your feedback, advice and support.
Coinucopia available now at http://coinucopia.blogspot.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Harbingers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL