The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Good, Solid Card Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Looking back on my magic literature I have realized that I do not own many electronic works that have some good solid card material on it. I am talking about something with at least 6 card effects that are good real world applications.

The only ebooks I own with such a description are few, and come from Thomas Baxter, Mick Ayres, and a few others.

So, is there a Dear Mr Fantasy type of work for the electronic world that I might be missing, or do such works exist?

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
Covering a wide range of different types of tricks and topics - you could try Peter Duffie & Robin Robertson "Card Conspiracy 1" and "Card Conspiracy 2"; Steven Youell's "Weapons of Mass Destruction", "The Jinx" pdf from lybrary

There are very few books that achieve what DMF does in terms of being such a polished product, far less ebooks. And tastes vary, of course, but I've found all of the above to be full of useful and interesting things and very good value
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
At the Lybrary you will find more than you can handle from the classics (Hugard, Buckley, Braue, Vernon, Annemann, ...) to the modern classics like "Card College" by Giobbi - and pretty much anything between. Perhaps you can specify a bit more in detail what you are looking for - self-working, sleight-of-hand, beginner, intermediate, advanced, gambling type routines, mental magic, ...
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
kimwizard04
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kimwizard04
Since you mentioned Dear Mr. Fantasy John Bannon has released a two DVD set called Bullets After Dark. It contains effects from Dear Mr. Fantasy as well as some reworked material from his previous work. I haven't had the chance to view it yet but the reviews I've seen are very positive.

Kim
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Lots of card magic ebooks on my website. Everything I've published I've used in real-world professional performances. I certainly wouldn't deign to put myself in the company of a John Bannon, but a lot of my buyers have told me they're very pleased with the material.

In addition to the single-effect items, I have several larger books with 10 or more routines, like My Best to You: Cards and Not Your Ordinary Card Tricks, as well as books containing lots of card magic plus some magic for other genres, like A Little Something and Guinn gone Mental.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Thank you for the kind words, CW. I am thrilled you found my work to be of value. Hope all is well.

Warm regards,
Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 11:12, Mick Ayres wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, CW. I am thrilled you found my work to be of value. Hope all is well.

Warm regards,
Mick Ayres

Yes, thanks for the comment. I have abused Fate and your triple card selection so many times on small audiences.

Thanks for all the comments. I will be investing in each one of your suggested resources in the future.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Good, Solid Card Material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL