The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » James Tripp's: Hypnosis without Trance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
For one thing I haven't churned out any DVDs. The only DVDs I recommend by Royle are his latest ones because believe it or not they are full of valuable information especially around safety..and the law. Something that really isn't very welcome around here.

As for Mr Chase's easy master hypnosis in five mins? Well if you can't see the joke then I reckon you don't have a sense of humour. From some one who only a few months ago was bragging about being the only person to have someone on stage break a leg to disciver he wasn't other posts proved he wasn't the only one. But to more or less brag about it?

Sure its not rocket science. I don't want to point out the obvious but only rocket science is rocket science...

But you have look at one of his pupils to see that they might be able to "knock" someone out but their skills and technical ability on stage are very limited poorly structured and a bit of a mess really..

In fact the same person was on here only a year or so asking for help and advice because they did not know how to manage the trance state properly. Advice that he got readily on here since the problem he was having was a very basic one most stage hypnotists know about?

Why Jon never covered it or why he never asked Jon is beside me especially as he paid him to learn stage hypnosis.

Make up your own mind..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ffv9ss7DFY

But listen guys enjoy the forum I am out of here. I will leave you kids to play..
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
When I grow up I want to be Mindpunisher!

I wonder what he wants to be when he grows up?

Is that an official flounce off this thread MP? You are getting very good at flouncing off threads now with all the practise of doing it every time it doesn't go your way.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
[quote]On 2011-01-27 15:43, mindpunisher wrote:

As for Mr Chase's easy master hypnosis in five mins? Well if you can't see the joke then I reckon you don't have a sense of humour. From some one who only a few months ago was bragging about being the only person to have someone on stage break a leg to disciver he wasn't other posts proved he wasn't the only one. But to more or less brag about it?[
/quote]

I said I teach an averagely intelligent person to hypnotise in ten minutes, which I have done on numerous occasions. I said "I" learn't in five. I said nothing at all about Mastering the art which in my experience if it happens at all it takes decades. I'm still learning after 3 of them. Bragging no, just calmly stating facts.

[quote]Sure its not rocket science. I don't want to point out the obvious but only rocket science is rocket science...
[/qoute]

It's a metaphoric simile. Basically it means that using hypnosis as a psychological tool is not as complex or as needful of intelligence as the science of designing, building and launching rockets. My apologies for not making myself more clear.

Quote:
But you have look at one of his pupils to see that they might be able to "knock" someone out but their skills and technical ability on stage are very limited poorly structured and a bit of a mess really..

I can not teach talent. However although I have no idea who you are talking about I can't comment. I have trained loads of people, Ian Dee for instance, and some are good and some maybe not so. As with any lesson knowing how is not the same as being great, or even good. Everyone who trains with me knows that. By the way I have students.

Quote:
In fact the same person was on here only a year or so asking for help and advice because they did not know how to manage the trance state properly. Advice that he got readily on here since the problem he was having was a very basic one most stage hypnotists know about?

Really? Ye gods guess I'd better get out of the business then. By the way everyone gets the option for further mentoring, if they don't take it nothing I can do, but prey, please tell us who the mystery person is?

Quote:
Why Jon never covered it or why he never asked Jon is beside me especially as he paid him to learn stage hypnosis.

I do cover state management, re-induction, deepening, safety, the law, and the mechanics of comedy, routine writing and of course the easy bit, induction and volunteer selection. However no matter how well I lead the horses I can not force them to drink.

Quote:
Make up your own mind..

Oh right, his very first show. I died on my arse on mine guess every one else was perfect?
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
The broken leg by the way was Mine. Someone had spilled polish on the floor back stage. I said I was the only verifiable record of a broken leg in a british stage show to illustrate how safe hypnosis actually is. Ye gods why don't you learn to read.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
magicgar
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magicgar
Does anyone have James Tripp's email?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
PM'd you.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Wow! I swing by the café to discuss my new love, hypnosis and I am dumbfounded on the pettiness I find on here. I am used to seeing this stuff on other forums where the anonymity of the internet removes all civility, but you guys are my magi brothers. It pains me to see this here.

I’m actually going to post my experiences with the techniques I learned from Anthony’s videos in the Trilby thread.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
You're probably 100% correct Chris.
But believe it or not this has been one of the more gentle threads.
Anyway, welcome. And do tell us what you feel you picked up from Trilby.

Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » James Tripp's: Hypnosis without Trance (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL