The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Roth's Fugitive Coins (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 20:34, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 17:50, magicjackson wrote:
Any videos of a performance?

Yes. Stars of Magic, David Roth Teaches Master Coin Magic - Tannens Magic Manuscript Video Series tape two.

Fish

The Fugitive Coins is on that video? Here's a link to a DVD.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 20:38, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 20:34, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 17:50, magicjackson wrote:
Any videos of a performance?

Yes. Stars of Magic, David Roth Teaches Master Coin Magic - Tannens Magic Manuscript Video Series tape two.

Fish

The Fugitive Coins is on that video? Here's a link to a DVD.

Yes.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 17:35, Justin Hart wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 11:39, Tom G wrote:
Fugitive Coins is great, learned it out of Roth's book years ago. It got great reactions, but I've since lost what I thought was the right coin for the effect.
What are others using for the unseen coin?

I submitted what I use to lorenwade so he could put it on his site. Being as this is a public forum, I'll direct you there. http://www.themagicianscoin.com/ For anyone not using this site yet, he's put in a lot of work and the resource to me was highly needed. Thanks again lorenwade for all your hard work.

I don’t see anything listed there yet. What exact size is recommended? I'm trying it with a coin I got on a cruise about a gazillion years ago. It is 38.1 mm in diameter and 2.38 mm thick. Though that is very close to a dollar coin.

Jim
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Roth uses some denomination of centavo or peso. Any coin will do as long as it is proportionately larger than the half dollar as the half dollar is to the quarter.

Fish
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
Jim, that might be a bit big in this case. I will PM you the exact coin I use.

I see the coin on lorenwade's site now under the large coin section, first one on the list. It is 36mm, which is perfect. Jim, I would still use the link I sent you as that is a special one and not the standard. Just aesthetics, functionally no different. (and only you see it, so...) They also just so happen to be THE coins to use if halves are too small and dollars are too large for your hands, imho.

Found out from Lorenwade that the joker chinese coins are exactly the same size as well so spellbounds, transpos, etc. are possible if you get a set of them.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Quote:
On 2010-02-17 02:02, Justin Hart wrote:
... They also just so happen to be THE coins to use if halves are too small and dollars are too large for your hands, imho.

For beautiful silver coins in this category, have a look at old [or young!] Victoria Half Crowns.
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
I got an interesting reminder as to the power of the Fugitive Coins for laymen. I was at a restaurant with a magician friend, and we were being served by a waiter for whom I performed the effect a few months ago. He raved to my friend about it, and described the effect as he experienced it in great detail. He'll never forget that experience, and isn't that what it's all about?
Needless to say, my magician friend has now learned the effect is is adding it to his professional walk-around repertoire this very evening.
Larry Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Very fun effect to perform. There are SO many good effects out there we forget about. Even standard copper silver in the spec's hands is fantastic (Bobo switches and all).
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2013-06-11 18:35, TWOCAN wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJVSUJqNS......embedded Here it is,

That is fantastic.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
That woman has the genuine WTF look on her face.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yes, shes devastated. I bought this vhs tape when it first came out and I always loved this effect. I only oerformed it a few times. Im wondering if sny canadians here could give me a tip on the best coins to use?
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Wow! That is a genius idea! After getting Roth's beginner DVDs I was kind of disappointed that very little happened in the spectator's hands. This is what coin magic should be like!
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 21:27, feher wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 21:19, Justin Hart wrote:
I did the same...kept brushing it off until one day I looked and had the requirements. Well worth the effort. After all, Wife Tested - Husband Approved. Smile

LOL...that wife test is the hardest test around, bar none. I can relate.
Tim

HA! I imagine most of us here have the same 'problem'. Every time I drop a coin... well, you know!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I bought the special something you need and then cleaning my office found I already had one. If someone is looking for one, let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Roth's Fugitive Coins (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL