The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to take adavantage of the coming (hopefully!) avalanche? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Okay - probably not an avalance. But when you're my size, you can easily get overwhelmed by a trickle! (Got that revelation as I was thinking about how many things I need to work out before my next show in mid-March, two months after my last show, when y'all do two, three, or more a day!!)

At my next show, one of the things I intend to correct is my marketing. I want every kid to go home with something from me with my info on it, and every adult too if I can manage that. And a functional web site with a contact form for birthdays, emails, and an email list sign-up.

This is quite a bit more than I've ever taken on before. What do I need in place to take advantage of all of this and not drop the balls?

Ed
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2261 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
For the give away with your contact info I don’t think there is anything better than the Mystery Dollar. All the information is on this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=44

Your ideas concerning your web site are all spot on, but quite a large undertaking in the time you have allotted. You better get cracking now!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Ken:

This is all an on-going "cracking now" project!!

I've got a sort-of web site with a barely functional form. And I've got a give-away already for the kids. I'll be satisfied with this for now - it's more than I've ever had! (Hey - it was a _big_ "taking action" step to schedule another show so soon after the first one!! 8>O )

Ed
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2261 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Good for you!

icontact has been a help to me in generating an sign up box on my web site and managing my email campaigns.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
TheMagicianGuide
View Profile
New user
Wheat Ridge Colorado
90 Posts

Profile of TheMagicianGuide
Hit is three-fold: Make sure you have a professionally done site - that is needlesstosay these days. Next, make sure you "capture" visitors emails with some sort of email campaign software/application (Constant Contact, Emma, PHPlist etc.)so you can follow up with an email ad campaign. . . and finally, do make sure you have some sort of great give-away for each kid - and always, always, provide a t-shirt to the b-day kid if so - its a small cost ($3 or so per shirt) for the many times they might wear it and advertise for you . . . we have a fantastic contact, Cheryl, (www.thankem.com) who we have been using for years (she's been around the ent product industry for many years) . . . she is great for ideas for marketing entertainers and will let you know the items that are both quality (so the kids/audience members keep them around for some time) and interesting (again, so they keep them around) . . . no use in advertising on something that will immediately get thrown away, just keep that in mind.
TheMagicianGuide.com - National Magician Directory.

The Magician Guide is part of Kids Party Resource network of childrens entertainers and event rentals.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How to take adavantage of the coming (hopefully!) avalanche? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL