The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Convergence by Cameron Francis (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Cameron Francis just released a new effect: Convergence. It's a clever 2-deck routine. One deck has numbers on the backs, the other is normal. Spectator names 2 cards and the first deck is used to determine a card and a number. Second deck is taken out of the case and at the position of the number is the chosen card found. Spectator can count the cards. Sounds maybe a bit complicated, but more info is found here:

http://www.cameron-francis.com/Convergence.php

It's a clever routine and very easy to do to. PDF leaves no questions. There is also a second routine from Stephen Tucker included and a video with a demo and explanation. For $10 this is a steal.

Frans
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
817 Posts

Profile of magico
It not out until February 26th per his website.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
> It not out until February 26th per his website

That is indeed what it says. But if you order it, you get it immediately.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks for the kind words.

Sorry for the confusion, guys. When I was changing the site yesterday, I accidentally published it with the buy button for Convergence. I had it set up for the 26th but forgot all about it when I was taking Annihilation off the site yesterday... Anyhoo, because the cat's out of the bag and there's no good reason not to release it, it's now available for purchase on my site.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

BTW, the effect is actually quite direct. It uses two decks and, as I say in the trailer, I'm not the biggest fan of two deck effects. However everything is very well justified in the presentation.

What also sets this apart from other two deck CAAN effects is that there are no gimmicks or crib sheets and everything is totally examinable. It's also very "hands off". The spectator does pretty much all the work. There is only one physical thing you do with the deck but it's not a sleight. It's done completely openly.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Wow! I guess card at number IS a popular plot! Thanks for making this one of my fastest selling effects ever! Smile
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
It's good to here that this is doing well Cameron.

Congrats,

James
CelticBob
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of CelticBob
I love the fact that you hand the spectator a cased blue deck, & you never touch that blue deck again. After showing the red deck, a deck with numbers written on the back of each card, the spectator can then shuffle this red deck him/her self and then gets to name any card they wish. After they name their card, a second card is selected and the number on the back of that card is used. The spectator now removes the cards from the blue deck and counts down to that number and the card at that number matches their chosen card. A really beautiful effect. Well done Cameron!
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
Convergence is a clever piece of business that belongs in every magicians arsenal.
I am frying people with it. Great reaction. Cameron keep them coming and good luck on your tour.
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of dscanning
I like the premise, but I would guess that the popularity and number of sales is more determined by the price than anything else. I have always argued that someone would make more money selling an ebook or trick download by selling it for a lower, reasonable price. If you had priced that at $20 like many do, I doubt it would have reached the popularity it is enjoying now. Nice marketing there, Cameron! Kudos!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Wow. Nice backhanded compliment there. Did you purchase this?

I'm not so sure you are right. There are many people who price ebooks at $20 or even $30 and sell quite a few. I could have done that. Based on the very positive, unsolicited comments I've been getting from paying customers, I think that I could have sold this for more and it still would have sold.

I sell all of my single trick downloads for $10. Card At Number is a very popular plot. What I'm offering here is not a Holy Grail but something very practical and clean. The concepts behind it are not new but, to the best of my knowledge, have not been used in this manner before.

I believe it's a strong trick. It's a PDF & a short video. I did not spend any money on packaging. Hence, the price tag.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3157 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I will add that its a bargain at $10. Yes I purcased this and been having a blast with it.Its a well written PDF and includes a video demo as well as an additional routine and handling by Steven Tucker,although I like Cameron's original vrsion and will stick with that,for now at least.This is a clean card effect. The deck is freely shuffled,yes shuffled,cut, whatever and however you or the spectator want.This plays big,is easy to do so its all presentation focus,no gaffs,no gimmicks and no cheat sheets to glance at. Recommended.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8587 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very very clever and I can repeat this with a different outcome every time and no one will have a clue how its done. Thanks Cameron. Please take this off your website now.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Guys, thank you for all of the support!

Yes, I didn't mention it in the add copy but you can repeat this with a different result every time. Plus it can be done completely in the hands (using the spectator's hand as a table) which makes it ideal for strolling.
Louis Cipher
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Louis Cipher
This effect sounds like "The Power of Destiny" of Michael Ammar.
Maybe the you ask a card first and in Ammar's version he asks a number, but the concept is the same. Good variant.

(_Louis Cipher_)
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Love this trick n I love the mini deck idea. will add to my walk around
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Thanks, Lil. Yeah, the mini deck idea is fun. I still haven't tried it myself but I think it will work very well.
davidsira
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of davidsira
Just ordered a minute ago looking forward to reading / watching the explanation
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Excellent effect Cameron.

Well done
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Convergence by Cameron Francis (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL