We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tying an elastic loop (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
I must have spent hundreds of dollars of Mesika's loops. Why? Because I cannot make my own!! I've even bought the "Million Dollar Knot" video over at Penguin magic. Still didn't really help me. Can anyone point to me a good resource on making my own wrist size elastic loops? It would save me so much money.

Thanks,

Mike
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6023 Posts

Profile of motown
Do a search. There was a post on how to tie a loop.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I have been using Ray Cooper's "T.I.E.S. system (The Invisible Elastic System) for quite a while. Unfortunately its's no longer being made. I was able to find one here at the Café. I believe these were around $100 when it first came out. I paid about $20. I can tie a loop in about 30 to 45 seconds. I have never had a loop fail because of the knot.
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Thanks for the responces. I've just learned about this loop tying utility called the "trinity system". You guys think it's worth looking into?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5420 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I have a Trinity, and I love it.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
The Million Dollar Knot was the resource that helped me learn.

That is the hard part about all this. Each person comes at learning in a little different way.

This is also because that was the only one I knew about. Curious to hear about the others.

RevJohn
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I tried the tieing and failed miserably at it, I think I need to stick to splitting cards.

But I was trying to think of something that that can be used as an adhesive to avoid the tieing all together. I have tossed around the idea of using a minuscule drop of airplane model glue, or even super glue.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Mike,

I am also a user of the Trinity System and I highly endorse it. It makes my life easier in tying IET bands (and especially for a good quantity to supply back to back performances). Check out http://www.subdividedstudios.com for any additional info on Trinity System.

I think there's a sale currently going on, too.

-Matt
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Yes we have a sale going on for the Trinity....

and on a side we are in talks with a couple companies on getting our own IET........ since Infinity is shaky right now.....
don't know if it will be for sale for long........
we have stopped selling the Infinity thread, we only have one spool of the 300ft left.... might hang onto it put it on the shelf with the 2 rolls of the original tires that Rudy sold......

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
We have been in and out of state so much this year so far that we didn't have time to take are sale for the TLS down..... so we are keeping it up for a little longer...

$70 USD with free shipping (fedex) in the USA.....

Sebashtion H
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Thanks for the replies everybody. I ended up purchasing a trinity system. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but what you get is high quality and the DVD is great. Justin Miller even appears on the DVD with a couple cool routines. Props goes out to Sebashtion.
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Thank you Mike,
Please Tell your thoughts on it when you get a chance....

Sebashtion H
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
We are redesigning the TLS to be more compact and more portable.......
we had received some feed back that this would be a good option for the system so we are in the design stages as we speak.....

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
My TLS came today. I can't wait to try it out. I'll have to wait until my wife and daughter go to bed. They don't know about IT or IET cause I do my prep work when they're not around.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Hello Ralph How is the Trinity working for you????

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi Sebashtion,

I will be ordering Trinity, but, I looked all over your site, and maybe because I have a SLIGHT buzz, I couldn't find Rudy's thread.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 02:35, Vlad_77 wrote:
Hi Sebashtion,

I will be ordering Trinity, but, I looked all over your site, and maybe because I have a SLIGHT buzz, I couldn't find Rudy's thread.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

Hi Vlad
Rudy sold his rights to infinity V2 thread to Yigal Mesika. Sebashtion does include infinity IET with the trinity system.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 00:41, Sebashtion H. wrote:
Hello Ralph How is the Trinity working for you????

Sebashtion H.

Hi Sebashtion
Hi
I've been doing Fin Jons jumping bill,Haunted deck, floating bill and moving a fork. I really like IT better for floating a bill cause it looks more convincing when I move my hands around the floating bill. I use Jon leclairs hookup and I also use a ITR.

I've been experimenting with the loops to see how much stress they can take. I break them on purpose just to get a feel for what they can take. The hard part is stripping the IET to a single strand. Tying them is the easy part.Since they're so easy to tie I no longer hold my breath in fear of breaking them.
I've made over twenty loops so far. If I had to buy that many I would have spent 40.00 just for the loops.

I'm getting better at striping the thread but I'm tempted to buy a spool of Yigal single strand 100'. That would be close to 100 loops for less than 20.00.

I think this thread should be merged with the thread in the " Latest and Greatest" forum. I also made a reply in that forum on the Trinity System.
Ralph
James D. Miles
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Thank you ralphs007!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Vlad_77
One more thing. I bought some of Steve Fearsons new EVO IET. It has to be stripped but it works great!The stuff that you get with the trinity system also has to be stripped. So far I haven't been able to strip the stuff that was sent with the system. That's not a big deal because I bought Fearsons IET after reading some good reviews here at the Café. I have no problem striping his IET! Sebashtion does mention that what he gives you is for practice.
At least when you get the TLS you can start practicing right away, instead of having to order some IET and just have the system to look at.

I bought a pair of thesehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370395576206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (10.00 dollar offer) on ebay and they work great for stripping the thread.

It's only a matter of time before someone else will have single strand IET to compete with Yigals single strand.
hth
Ralph
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tying an elastic loop (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL