The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » An Extension of Me 3 DVD set by Eric Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Just thought I would repost my review under the title of the dvd ...

If you haven't heard of Eric Jones then you will...I recently picked up his new 3 DVD set and I'd like to say that every routine is a KILLER! From sponge balls, cards to coins this man has turned magic in to a thing of beauty....We've all heard or said that magic is an art, well Eric Jones is a true artist. He had me hooked from beginning to end. You need to get get this dvd and learn every routine, the sleights are not difficult but the reaction you get from these effects are priceless. His moves are smooth and swift and proves that every move a magician makes is for a reason.

Now I'd like to say I don't personally know Eric Jones, but I know his magic will influence you. I've been in a "rut" on magic for a while, I felt like I was seeing the same routines, moves, gaffs, dvd's over and over just dressed up differently. This set has opened my eyes and has awaken the sleeping giant. I find myself excited to learn and perform his routines. Eric has taken all of the difficulty out of the routines and simplified it so that you can focus more on the audience, the patter, the presentation and become the magic, not just some guy that does tricks but thee guy that does magic. A lot of the routines show multiple performances which is great... you get to see 2 different approaches to the same effect...the angle shots are stellar and his instruction is crystal clear....

Here's what you get:

You get 1 case that holds all 3 dvds and a special envelope insert that has a beautiful kennedy half karate coin. The dvds showcase the following:

Speedfly: 2 different performances where 3 coins seem to instantly travel from hand to hand.. when I say instantly I mean it, it looks totally impossible....the coins travel automatically, I swear it looks like trick photography.

Peregrination: A four coin routine where the coins fly from hand to hand then ends with coins to spectators hand with a clean ending, you get a great entertaining routine with audience participation.

Flash Coins Re-Lit: My absolute favorite ...i jumped out of my seat and said YES....I found something different, edgy, flashy, classy, magical and memorable ....your audience will not forget this... coins appear out of bright flashes of fire....then vanish and appear again in a logical yet unsuspecting place. this one is a sure fire winner...you'll love this .

Elevator Cut, Trip. Rev, Swirl Production & Standing Room Only Collectors: You get to watch how a performer engages his audience into a wonderful routine that just flows from one move to another....it starts with a nice 4 king production... then follows with 3 cards selected and lost in the deck and ends with the selected cards ....well...you gotta get the dvd to know what happens next lol.... this is poetry in motion folks.

Eye Candy: A nice sponge ball routine complete with appearances, vanishes, multiple sponge balls, we all know how much people sponge balls.

El Cambio Nada: Holy Cow!!!(well that's the G rated version of what I mean) my mouth dropped and eyes popped out of my head...this is how a color change should look, flawess....Great Job Eric... I love this sleight.

Ambitious Force: This is clever, and not too difficult to perform...i'll be using this one for sure...this one also looks like trick photography.

Hellbound Remix: here's another one that stunned me... 2 silver dollars appear 1 at a time , both coins are placed in one hand and penetrates the palm to appear in the other hand, then both coins turn into chinese coins...You gotta love it...

ishkabibble: a very nice sandwhich effect... this one will be in your routine in no time. a card is selected , 2 court cards are chosen to find your selection ...the two court cards are shown face up and instantly your card appears face down in between the 2 court cards...not once but twice...both in incredible ways...

Oxyclean Coin Routine: This is the one shown on his teaser trailer..... I love this one ... He shows two performances , one is the "waterfall" scene and another is in front of spectators... You cleanly show both hands empty only to magically magic a coin appear, not just one coin but 3 coins... and as cleanly as you produce them you make each one vanish and leave the routine clean without ever going to your pockets...this one deserves a standing ovation...

Ambitious: I'm sure we all have our favorite Ambitious routine... this one is now my favorite.... I like how Eric brings both spectators into the mix...you'll understand my gist when you buy the set... There's a part on the dvd that hits me hard....its when the female spectator says " Wait are you really magic? is magic really real, I thought it was just tricks!"....thats priceless folks... that is what separates the trick from the magic ....

G.O.D.H.A.N.D. : This is a simple yet clever move that allows you to show a coin, make it vanish and show both hands completely empty then make the coin appear again...

Tai Chi Penetration: Oh boy I was waiting for this one... this is slick as ice, smooth as butter and easy as 1,2,3.... I've watched this over and over, even in the Bloopers section... oh yeah , there is some funny stuff in the blooper section and he does this effect over and over and it looks amazing... you can't catch the move...

Body-Loading Sequence: its part of the Tai Chi Penetration where he basically has fun with it, loading the coin on the shoulder, in the pocket and so on... very entertaining and fun to watch.

Impossible Production: Its a 4 coin production that makes you seem as if your made of money, just plucking coins from left to right... very pretty effect....

Impossible Coins Across: Please....practice, practice, practice...this routine is a killer, even Eric mentions on the dvd to please give this routine the time that it deserves... this is cool, you get to make coins vanish from the spectators hands and appear in your hands...not once but multiple times.... there's even a move where your spectators visually see the coins travel from one hand to another... its remarkable...

All in all I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this dvd set... The routines are all knockouts... the explanations are easy and clearly explained, the gimmick coin that comes with it is top notch and you will be doing some if not all of the effects on this dvd....

Where can you buy it? http://www.ericjonesmagic.com or http://www.kozmomagic.com the 3 dvd set with gimmick coin is $90, well worth it, and you won't be disappointed.

this set will become a classic so purchase 2, one for you and one to keep in plastic. there's my review...

I'm out
Junior
J Rodriguez
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Thanks for the exellent review Junior!
I orded the set today from another source then those above.
I can't hardly wait for to plug those into my DVD player!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
After I get through with my lecture tour and I have some time, I plan on buying this set and studying it. From what I've seen, Eric's magic is extremely smooth and deceiving. I only wish I had his skill! Can't wait to learn from this guy.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Junior,excellent and thorough,thanks for posting.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Your welcome fellas... its the least that I can do... this dvd set a must...don't pass this up magis' , this is a dvd set that you will go to over and over for some killer routines...

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Junior, thanks for the review!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Wow.

Junior thank you for that terrific, well written review. I hope that some of the material finds its way into your repertiore. As I've stated elsewhere, each of these effects are worker. No fluff, all effects and techniques that I use on a regular basis in front of PAYING audiences.

I'm so excited you those who have bought the set and wonder what YOU think of it? I would love to hear your thoughts. If you aren't willing to post publicly, please send your thoughts via PM or e-mail at eric@ericjonesmagic.com I can't wait to hear your feedback.

E-
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Eric is an extremely talented and thoughtful magician - you're not going to miss on these DVDs. Everything is well thought-out and routined. Lots of eye candy to throw at your spectators!
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Just watched it and confirm : very good stuff.
Good job !
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Your welcome Eric... this set should be in every magicians' collection... not only that but I wish more and more magic dvds' were like this...time after time you see dvs' with poor production and even poorer (if that's a word) material... This is a good blueprint of what a dvd should be from start to finish... Great production, great material, great explanations, you can clearly see that Eric is having fun with his audience and his audience is having fun aswell....

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Mines for sale
sensible offers please............
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 08:01, matt.magicman wrote:
Mines for sale
sensible offers please............

What did you think of it?
~Joe
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Posted: Mon, Mar 1st, 2010 - 8:30 AM (EST)         
Sorry but It really wasn't for me
as a worker in the uk, I didn't find much that would suit my style and that I could use, or didn't already do / know
I thought it was a but too glammed up, or performing in fron if waterfalls etc
one thing that bugged me was I had to wait 15-20 seconds every time I wanted to watch a performnce or explanation because of the pretty looking animations to finish
also I had to keep going back to the main menu to just select another clip
eric is very talented and I wish him all the best with the sales
for me though, I got ten times more benefit from lee smiths DVDs from rsvpmagic.com
just my opinion
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 08:53, matt.magicman wrote:

Ooooo. That is an annoying and common mistake in DVD authoring. Each chapter should go the following chapter. You should be able to access everything from your remote control.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Eric's the man.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Ok...Matt, So aside from your issues regarding Menus(which I believe are beautiful, but I'm biased), what other issues did you specifically have with the DVD set? You're saying you thought having beautiful menu animations for the DVDs were a bad thing? (BTW, each effect has it's own unique look and it's own music)Also when you said that you didn't find ANYTHING that would fit your style, would use or you didn't already know or do, would you mind elaborating on that?

I thank you for offering your opinion in this thread, and want potential customers to make an informed decisions. However, if I were in the market for this DVD and read your review, without knowing what YOUR style is, or YOUR knowledge of magic, I think your opinion of my set would put the magic in a negative light. Was the material too difficult for you? Were you not comfortable with some of the techniques? Answers to questions like this would probably help people out more.

I look forward to your response,

Eric
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 08:53, matt.magicman wrote:
Posted: Mon, Mar 1st, 2010 - 8:30 AM (EST)         
Sorry but It really wasn't for me
as a worker in the uk, I didn't find much that would suit my style and that I could use, or didn't already do / know
I thought it was a but too glammed up, or performing in fron if waterfalls etc
one thing that bugged me was I had to wait 15-20 seconds every time I wanted to watch a performnce or explanation because of the pretty looking animations to finish
eric is very talented and I wish him all the best with the sales
for me though, I got ten times more benefit from lee smiths DVDs from rsvpmagic.com
just my opinion

Shame, I was on the fence about buying this. Now I think I'll give it a miss.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I just ordered a copy from Eric and am looking forward to it. The previews were well produced and several effects caught my eye. I purchase a DVD for it's content and from what I've seen, Eric's work is excellent.

I'll be sure to post my opinion.
-Charles Schulz
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 17:44, jazzy snazzy wrote:
I just ordered a copy from Eric and am looking forward to it. The previews were well produced and several effects caught my eye. I purchase a DVD for it's content and from what I've seen, Eric's work is excellent.

I'll be sure to post my opinion.

If you can change my mind back then I'll buy it.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Well Andi, it's all about what you're looking for.
This may be your style or not. Don't know.
Over time, I've developed a pretty good idea of where I want my act to go and what my audience responds to best. When something new is published, I look for the ideas that fit into my plan, often cutting and pasting from many sources.

There's also the enjoyment of watching a good performance. If the effects are well taught and clearly presented, then all is well.

Technical issues are probably a topic for another thread. There is a stack of discs here with all kinds of problems, from missing chapters, faulty menu mapping, and crappy audio to improper insertion into the DVD case, - resulting in scratches during shipping. Kosmo has built a good reputation as a producer, so I'm confident that he pays attention to these things.

So there's really nothing to lose. If we're not careful, we might even learn something.
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » An Extension of Me 3 DVD set by Eric Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL