The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ABR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dannyboy4
View Profile
New user
Canada
16 Posts

Profile of dannyboy4
Hey everyone!

So I started learning how to do the Ambitious Card Routine (which is totally jaw dropping to the spectator, might I add) and I saw this one guy on YouTube who does it absolutely fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6o3T91CNgI

I see most of the moves he's doing, with the exception of at 1:50 where he does a face-up trick that seems to get the card to flip to the top of the deck.

At first I assumed he was doing a palm, and just shooting the card back onto the top, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any ideas? Material I should read that may have moves similar to the ones he is doing? Thanks. Smile

Edit: I should add that a lot of the comments talk about his "pass". I may have to read into that further...

~Dan
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Kamm is very good!
My first advice is to study the "Ambitious Card" DVD by Daryl, Almost anything you need to know is there with a great teacher as Daryl is.
In the 1:50 he does something called a Riffle Pass.If you are a beginner stay away now from that move, learn the basics and next go to this sleight level.
For the pass information I can only recommend you the video "Richard Kaufman on the Pass".
Good luck with your magic,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
dannyboy4
View Profile
New user
Canada
16 Posts

Profile of dannyboy4
Ahh yes. I notice that some people also call it the "Classic Pass". It doesn't seem too difficult. Would take a bit of practice though. Thanks for the information.

~Dan
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-22 16:28, dannyboy4 wrote:
Ahh yes. I notice that some people also call it the "Classic Pass". It doesn't seem too difficult. Would take a bit of practice though. Thanks for the information.

~Dan

The classic pass is one of the most difficult moves to master in card magic (very easy to do poorly). It takes more than a bit of practice. Just a heads up for you.
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
Follow the advice of Hansel and study Daryl´s "Ambitious Card" DVD. That dvd is a great source of information on the Ambitious card routine. And like Hansel said, if you´re a beginner forget the riffle pass now. Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
I agree with all of the above teh Daryl video is great and the pass is very hard to do it is not invisible so you need either movement or misdirection to do it. I like the Darwin Ortiz pass it works and the flash is minute to none with a bit of movement. Sean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ABR (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL