We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent's Half Dyed Silk Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Hi all,

I just picked up Levent's Half Dyed Silk Trick from someone here at the Café. I think this is a great sucker trick.

I just wanted to say that I just loved the way Levent does his instruction on the DVD. First he gives great detail and demonstration on the various gimmicks used by others and the reason why he uses what he uses.

If Levent could find the time, I mean how busy could he be? Smile I would really like it if he did other instructional DVDs even if they were for other magician's effects.

Just my 2 cents.

John
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would get his misers dream, salt pour, and billiard ball dvd's. Levent does a very through job of all the in and outs of tricks.

I may not do his routines but I like to hear different thoughts on items.

I like his Half dyed Hank but I still do it Billly's way as there are some advantages I feel.

I also have made up some the special thinner 15" silks made for Levent's gimmick in red/yellow colors. I can do other color combinations also.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I have to say it's been a long time since I've enjoyed the learning curve as much as with Levent's handling of the Half Dyed Silk. It has been a true joy to take the process step by step, move by move with the DVD instruction as a guide. And even with all the inside info gained it still amazes me to watch his performance...I know where everything is and where it's going but I'm still fooled (when was the last time you can say you experienced this?)

I have no deadline to reach; I haven't even decided when or where or even if to add this to my set. But I can say I won't attempt it in public until I'm comfortable I can get as close to the smoothness of the routine that this master has provided. Thanks, Levent, for such a thorough presentation of this classic, and giving me a refresher in how wonderful the learning process can be.
DrVG
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrVG
For those interested in making a home-made gimmick, I found the plastic squeaking eggs sold for children can make amazing container (flesh colored) after a bit of surgery. There would even be room for 3 compartments for the adventurous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Levent's Half Dyed Silk Trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL