The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mario Morris Lecture at Blackpool 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Owen Lean
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Owen Lean
Was at the Blackpool Convention a few days ago and had the chance to catch Mario Morris giving a lecture on street magic. I've known Mario for a while now, and saw him teach at the School of Busking in 2009, and so have always ben a fan of his work. I can however say without bias that it was truly a great lecture - Mario gave an insightful and well delivered lecture on the theory of street magic as well as his own story and journey. He detailed the various ways buskers can continue to earn their living in the off season, and the full lifestyle of being a busker. Throughout the lecture he illustrated his theory with practical examples that demonstrated how he put his theory into practice with each trick he performed. Mario once again proved his true expertise in this field, and the reason why he is the founder and teacher of the now world famous School Of Busking.

Owen
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Marrio is a great guy. Very nice and a good performer. I liked what he did with the silk and the duck and the linking ropes. good thinking. I have his street busking manual and this is a great read. the manual and the dvd are a great start for any novice on the street.

good job Marrio & veronica
TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
I wish I was there.
LeMottée
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of LeMottée
Wow what a convenion Blackpool was this year met so many new people and learnt lots of new things, this was all topped off by a lecture on street theatre by Mr Morris!
It's been my first season busking in the uk after attening the 09 SOB, and its Been one huge learning curve. I couldn't miss this lecture and I'm glad I didn't, I finally understand what mario was talking about in the SOB about the 3 cords and other deeper theory on street performance. After some real world experiance under my belt I could relate to what mario was wanting to share with the attendees. Overall a great lecture!
Looking forward to SOB Cambridge, only a few months away now!
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Robert Blake, I was wondering where I could acquire his street busking manual? Thank you so much.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Although I missed the lecture on friday (I didn't make it to Blackpool until the Saturday), I did make the effort to get myself a copy of Mario's Street Performing Manual, A busy week later and I've finally had a chance to read it through.
If you are new to the streets or are just thinking about getting out there, then this manual is going to be a great help to you, It gives honest straight forward advice on everything from developing your show and your character to various methods of drawing them in, keeping them hooked and getting them to pay! It even has a couple of routines in it if you are stuck for material. Add in an insight into the lifestyle of the full time street performer and a brief glossary so that you are speaking the language and you get a package that will certainly set you on the right road/street/sidewalk.

Andy
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Thank you so much I have the school of busking lecture and love it, I'm sure the manual goes a little more in depth though. How many pages it in length? (to have an idea just how in depth it may go) I just bought Gazzo's read between the lines and the Art of Krowd Keeping, so I will have to wait a bit to purchase it.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I love the linking rings routine. a great routine that makes contact with the audience and gives you a chance to show your skill as a magical entertainer. it sat's the mood for a great show. this routine alone is worth getting the manual.
shanehillman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shanehillman
Awesome the manual sounds like a great buy. Hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to purchase it. He has some great ideas on street performing.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi all
Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to both Vee and my self. We put a lot of hard work into both the Lecture and the Manual.

It was great priverlige to repersent the World of busking at the Blackpool Magic Convention 2010, at least in part. To meet some of you in person for the first time like Robert Blake. I can say I instantly warned to you I can tell you are a true gentleman in every way.

It was great to see old friends and catch up, I can truly say it was a memorable experiance. Which has opened and opening lots of doors.
Thank you
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The Street Performing Manual is now avaible on the School of Busking web-site.
http://www.schoolofbusking.com/id5.html
Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mario Morris Lecture at Blackpool 2010 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL