The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricky Ricky on You Tube! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arthur Scargill
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Arthur Scargill
Is this the same Tricky Ricky who is a member here? I know there are a lot of magicians called Tricky Ricky. I don't know who this one is but I best he is the best of the lot. I was quite impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaSWpLNv2e4&NR=1

And here is another one. The video is a bit dark so I am not 100 percent sure it is the same guy but I think it is .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwW09BI20k4

There are a few seconds I am not over-excited about but overall it is very impressive. The kids are laughing non stop.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
That is the magic Café Tricky Ricky (Richard Lyn) the pride of Toronto. Tricky Ricky is every bit as good as Silly Billy, and they both make the same kind of money (although Richard's money is Canadian). That is my opinion of this master magician, and Richard Lyn is a very snappy dresser too. He is absolutely my favorite Chinese/Jamacian/Canadian magician.

BTW Ricky has no time to lecture, because he is booked.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Welcome to the Magic Café Arthur! Excellent clips - thanks for posting!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Arthur Scargill
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Arthur Scargill
In my humble opinion it shows a master children's entertainer at work. I do have some reservations about a bit of business used in the Miser's Dream sequence and I think a performer of Richard's stature would be better off without it. Of course it seems to be an old clip and possibly Richard is no longer using the bit anymore anyway.

After seeing some dreadful You Tube videoclips of so called children's entertainers, some of whom are on this very forum it is a pleasure to see someone who knows what he is doing. Note the laughter all the way through both clips from children who are in a state of great delight.
magic.ian
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of magic.ian
Richard is not only a fantastic children's entertainer, and the busiest in Toronto, he's also a really, really nice guy. Richard can make 4 or 5 tricks last an hour and keep a room full of children enthralled. That's entertainment!
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2273 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
The laughter says it all!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1609 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2010-02-24 17:58, Al Angello wrote:
That is the magic Café Tricky Ricky (Richard Lyn) the pride of Toronto. Tricky Ricky is every bit as good as Silly Billy, and they both make the same kind of money (although Richard's money is Canadian). That is my opinion of this master magician, and Richard Lyn is a very snappy dresser too. He is absolutely my favorite Chinese/Jamacian/Canadian magician.

BTW Ricky has no time to lecture, because he is booked.

Hello there Al.
Thanks for your gracious comments.
Come April, I will be 66.In the last 3 years at 63 I've tried not to do too many shows.I'm semi-retired from the magic business.
I only take certain bookings to my liking. Not much traveling, I like to stay in my vicinity.
I have a bad right shoulder from playing baseball that makes lifting painful,that is why I pack small play big.
I'm schedule for a operation for a deviated septum in June, and that's going to put me out of the business for a while.
TrickyRicky
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ricky, I am so sorry to hear that you are having helth problems!. I hope your surgery goes well and you recover from it soon! I will have to try to remember to watch your YouiTube videos when I get to a computer with DSL!

Best wishes!

Regan
Mister Mystery
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1609 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 11:42, Regan wrote:
Ricky, I am so sorry to hear that you are having helth problems!. I hope your surgery goes well and you recover from it soon! I will have to try to remember to watch your YouiTube videos when I get to a computer with DSL!

Best wishes!

Regan

Thanks for your concern Regan.
The operation is a minor one for the deviated septum. Anyone who has this condition knows what it's like performing with a stuffy nose.
The minor procedure to correct this condition is called (Septoplasty).I wonder if any of our Café members ever had this done, maybe I could get some feed back.
TrickyRicky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1609 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Toronto has quite a few great children magicians some of the Café members had never heard of, except *********
Buck Macleod-- Wij--Uncle Ronnie aka *********--Robert Presswood--Lofty, just to name a few.
When it comes to doing magic tricks (sleights)I'm probably the worst of the lot. What I have is more experience and age, well, maybe ********* is just a bit younger than me.
Talking about Mark, he has a wonderful video clip on his web site. Everyone should have a look at a master doing his thing. The guy is from the UK,he's got to be good.
TrickyRicky
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Richard
We are all getting older, but in my opinion you are still the best.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
Yes just looked at the clip...watched it all the way through..thought you were great...had the kids laughing, happy and engaged...well done.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
I really like the pull apart bag revealing the "happy birthday"
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
I too, thought that effect alone was "worth the price of admission".

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
vincentmusician
View Profile
New user
Toronto
21 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I am happy to say I know Tricky Ricky! He is a very down to earth, nice person who has given me advice and is happy to help fellow Magicians. I have also seen him perform live. He is an excellent entertainer. However, it is not what he does that makes him special. It is how he does it! Bravo Tricky Ricky!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricky Ricky on You Tube! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL