The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Mastermind decks (As with other gaff decks)...if I am not mistaken, must be printed at 5000 sets minimun per run. Assumptions must be made that all the decks are as ordered. Once in awhile it appears misprints/errors occur. Chris Kenworthy makes good on these.

What's the Joker for? Because there are people out there who would complain if they received their decks without that Joker.
magichunter
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magichunter
Quote:
On 2010-03-16 16:21, pegasus wrote:
Gutted that 2 of the cards are missing from these decks. It makes complete sense to, at least supply the whole deck gimmicked so owners can customise as they wish. I can not perform this effect in the hands now, as I cannot control the bottom card in an overhand shuffle.

Whats the joker for?

I am not sure I completely understand your comments above, but if you don't want to do an overhand shuffle simple cut off the top half, and weave the cards (imperfect faro) ensuring that the top and bottom cards stay in place.

Hope that helps.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It's simple really. Why not include all gaffs and the end user supplies his own normal cards if he so wishes. I have emailed Chris but no response. I'm just happy that I do at least have a couple of these decks produced correctly from the Late and Great Neil Lester.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
The CardMaker Decks I made (same as Neil's Monte Cristo Decks, IMHO better than the Mastermind Decks) were made of 52(!) special cards plus 2 original Jokers. I like the way to customize things for my fittings as desired!
My personal decks I use are cut smaller and narrower; a "long" and a "wide" card are added for foolproof card controlling.

I am in the pre-phase of having these made again... sure an other force card as all before ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Totally agree Bernd. If you produce these again could you make the force cards with the value of 2 or Ace?
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
... thinking of a 2D.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Owning a deck made by CardMaker and now also the Mastermind Deck I've to agree with CardMaker in every sense as I can compare. Still nice to have a Mastermind but same time looking forward to a new MC Deck made by CardMaker. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
2D would be perfect.
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Mark Mason is marketing the Mastermind deck now.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Everyone should have this deck in their arsenal.
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I used to think the Invisible Deck was the best card trick ever. That was until I recently bought Mastermind Deck. This is the perfect magic trick.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2010-03-22 11:31, Caféinst wrote:
I used to think the Invisible Deck was the best card trick ever. That was until I recently bought Mastermind Deck. This is the perfect magic trick.

I would be reluctant to declare the "Invisible Deck," "Brainwave Deck" or for that matter ANY one card effect as the "perfect magic trick" (certainly Berglas ACAAN comes close); however, properly presented the "Mastermind Deck" is certainly as strong -- if not potentially stronger -- than either "Invisible" or "Brainwave" when it comes to card effects for which no manipulative skill are required. As has been noted, it is certainly worth having in your arsenal.

BTW, the Chris Kenworthy instructions include (as a bonus) instructions that enable the performer to simulate Berglas' ACAAN. (I am not familiar with other versions of "Mastemind.")
Dick Christian
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Regarding Mark Mason's site, unfortunately (for me at least) they are only in red bikes (no blue).

Actually it looks like its red back everywhere. Is that right?

Thanks,

Lawrence
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's correct, red only Loz. It seems red decks are by far the most popular nowaday's.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Just out of interest:

What cost $3 in 1909 would cost $70.74 in 2009

So any of these decks are a bargain today! Smile
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
I just wanted to say that I received Mastermind Deck and it is a dream come true for hobbyists that don't do sleights. It is an excellent effect with great response from the specs, is very easy to do and comes with one page of instructions and not a 90 minute dvd! Effects that meet that criteria are few and far between! You can actually perform this right out of the box and only need work on presentation. Highly recommended. Plus Chris is a pleasure to deal with.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Since MC and MD are pretty much the same thing, is there any difference in quality? I dunno if MC comes in Bikes tho. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it true that Devin Knight's Excalibur Deck also has the same effect or if not, great similarity with these two decks?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Black cards are more visible from a distance than red.

Seems a shame to make a gaffed deck with a red force card, especially should someone wish to use it in a parlour or stage setting.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
The Mastermind Deck is offered with either red or black force cards -- buyer's choice (assuming YFD has both in stock).
Dick Christian
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Smart on their part. Have heard good things about the mastermind deck. Looking forward to getting one.

Was referring to the gentleman who was contemplating making a deck w a red card as the target.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL