We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
So based on all the tidbits you guys are leaking, can I assume then that there is only one result? Thus if doing this in a repeat situation, if used the same deck the result is always the same? If so are all the decks made with the same force or by buying two or three will I have multiple outcomes. (ie you wow them with this and are hired by someone who saw the show and wanted you to present this only weeks later)

(BTW the ad states no forces but isn't a force if they can only pick one card? How does the claim pan out that if they tamper with the prediction, the outcome will still work? (ie I assume Hocy Pocus is saying temper with is removing the card you put in the envelope with a card of their own...)
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Whilst I like the concept of this deck, I find another solution simpler and more effective. It's recently been released as the "Mirage" Deck, I think. It's simply a Svengali Deck with R&S. I've been making them for years, and I don't bother with long and short. It's a deck I can fan, riffle shuffle, overhand shuffle, cut, etc, all without exposing the method. The spec can point to ANY card when they're fanned, and take it out himself. The outcome is the same as the Mastermind Deck. You could also use this for ACAAN, but it's not ideal.
Potty Smile
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Potty, The Mirage Deck has been around for a long time, at least since the late 70s or early 80s. I used to sell then back in the days when I had a magic shop. Very good utility deck. Kenworthy's, IMO, is easier to handle.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
@Potty,

you can't show 52 different cards with a Mirage deck.
And that's what makes the Mastermind deck .... hmmm ... outstanding.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10043 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Totally agree cardmaker. A unique deck. Gaff decks come no better than this.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10043 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I wonder if you order 2 decks, hocus pocus would ( by default) send the two seperate force cards. I will be gutted if I received two of the same.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3099 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On 2010-03-02 12:17, pegasus wrote:
I wonder if you order 2 decks, hocus pocus would ( by default) send the two seperate force cards. I will be gutted if I received two of the same.

Just ordered from H.P., and they were more than helpful in providing information about the specifics of the available decks, and sending me the one I specified.

My concern was that I already own 2 Monte Cristo decks, and didn't want a duplicate force (and it was a good thing that I asked, as one of them is the same). They were right on top of it, as it sounds like a few people have been asking about the available 'options.'

e
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1536 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Just ordered mine with the Free DVD from HP looking forward to this excellent deck!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10043 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks for the info Eric. Is this a HP exclusive or will this be available in the UK at any time?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-02 11:29, CardMaker wrote:
@Potty,

you can't show 52 different cards with a Mirage deck.

..No, but you apparently do. You spread the cards very fairly in your hands, and all the cards are different. Also, they can be riffle shuffled face up, and overhand shuffled, and all the cards are seen to be different. It's interesting that the Mirage Deck has been around so long, I've never seen one for sale until a few weeks ago.
I like the Kenworthy Deck too, but thought it would be useful to compare with the Mirage Deck.
Potty Smile
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Potty,

If you "don't bother with long and short," how do you "riffle shuffle [them] face up"? ;-)

I use both decks, BTW, and they are both great! Unfortunately, the MM Deck doesn't give you many options for repeat performances. On the other hand, when I hear from someone who has witnessed a MM performance, I'll be able to divine which card they chose!

DK
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1940 Posts

Profile of Platt
Mr Kenworthy did a great job here. Genuine bikes. Exactly what you'd expect it to be. I'll be posting a couple of effects utilizing these cards with The Pad soon.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 22:50, Platt wrote:
Mr Kenworthy did a great job here. Genuine bikes. Exactly what you'd expect it to be. I'll be posting a couple of effects utilizing these cards with The Pad soon.

That's nice to hear Platt. I might pick one of these decks up to use with my Platt Pad. Looks like they would go well together.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4622 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-03 22:44, Dark Knight wrote:
Potty,

If you "don't bother with long and short," how do you "riffle shuffle [them] face up"? ;-)

DK

Ah, you got me there, I forget that I use both Svengali AND regular cards for this method. You can SPRING the cards when they're not L&S, but not riffle shuffle them. Well spotted DK!
Potty Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Who prints the faces? My friend has a concern that the quality/match could be affected. Does US cards print the faces as well?
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
623 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 22:50, Platt wrote:

The F.U. Card trick would certainly benefit, as you would be able to show all the cards different before the effect begins. You could use a sticker rather than writing to mark the selected card so as not to destroy a card from your Mastermind deck.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 11:45, Powermagic wrote:
Who prints the faces? My friend has a concern that the quality/match could be affected. Does US cards print the faces as well?

I don't know who prints the faces Powermagic, but I can tell you from first hand experience that they are top notch. The quality/match, IMO, is NOT an issue.

I received these recently ( I got both decks) and I am very impressed! I will post more after I use them for paying audiences over the weekend.
Best regards,
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
910 Posts

Profile of andykean
Ordered mine!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1536 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Got mine great effect. Perfect and these are genuine Bicycle cards.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
The decks are made completely by US Playing Card. The pips the entire card for that matter, the card boxes, the stamps, everything.
Best regards,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL