We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cellini's cups. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Does anyone know what cups Jim Cellini used on his videos? Are they the same ones that Frank handles at "The Ambitious Card?" I think he used several different sets over the years, but I'm not sure.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Chris G.
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Chris G.
The Cups on "Streetmagic Lecture" and "The Art of Street Performing Volume II" look like Phoenix Cups or Ross Bertram Cups.

Christof
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24210 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
He used Phoenix cups on his videos.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Sir Richard… In my opinion having each set, your TF Phoenix Cups are just as nice as the Cellini Cups only the TF Phoenix Cups are smaller. There is a neat final load move that you can do with the Cellini Cups… because of their design a baseball barley fits in them, so if you load a baseball just a little deeper into the Cellini Cup than normal, it will hold a baseball as a Chop Cup would. You can lift a Cup displaying nothing there and in the act of sitting it down prep for a final reveal of the load (I hope that makes sense).

Thanks,
Bruce
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-02-26 11:04, Bill Palmer wrote:
He used Phoenix cups on his videos.

On volume II of his street magic DVD he runs a video of his street performance in New Orleans. The cups he uses there look different. Also I thought the cups on the "teaching segment" look a bit larger than the Phoenix cups. I have a set of Brass "Giant Street Cups" made by Magic Makers that look similar. They have a very wide mouth, about 3 1/2" if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking if I do an outdoor "busking-type" bit I should use the larger cups for better audience visibility. Yes? No?

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
454 Posts

Profile of Kingry
When I met him, he used a well worn set of Ross Bertrams that were his pride and joy. Told me they were given to him by the man himself.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1418 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Thanks for that tip BCS. That's a great idea
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cellini's cups. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL