The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twisted Blizzard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 15:19, jimesw wrote:
Is it just me or did this trick look painfully obvious? I showed it to two people I work with who no nothing about magic, but assumed the same as me.

I would be interested to know if any 1 card can be examinable.
Sorry for the sceptic nature Smile

Well if it is that painfully obvious to you, then you should not even have to ask that question.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 17:25, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 14:31, twistedace wrote:
I love the WHITE TRASH trick on there. It's a fooler!

I respectfuly disagree. In my opinion, it gives the "mechanism" away...

I mean: It is very ambiguous. The first moment when you see the blancs, it is indeed very surprising, but at the same time the "system" becomes very obvious. (for some at least...)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The more I watch the video,the more my mind thinks "It looks weird that you can only show a small portion of the revealed card." I'm starting to have doubts creep in that it will "fly" with most spectators.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 19:15, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 15:19, jimesw wrote:
Is it just me or did this trick look painfully obvious? I showed it to two people I work with who no nothing about magic, but assumed the same as me.

I would be interested to know if any 1 card can be examinable.
Sorry for the sceptic nature Smile

Well if it is that painfully obvious to you, then you should not even have to ask that question.

Trust me Merlin, I still get fooled by really simple things. I feel I did need to ask as this one seemed so obvious that I wondered if I had got it wrong somehow. Anyway, have a good weekend.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2010-03-05 09:19, daffydoug wrote:
The more I watch the video,the more my mind thinks "It looks weird that you can only show a small portion of the revealed card." I'm starting to have doubts creep in that it will "fly" with most spectators.

Hi Doug... I saw Aaron at 2 conventions kill a bunch of folx with this... In fact I was there when Mark Mason walked up and liked it so much he went and bought it... So no matter what any of us may think, the effect works really well... With the people who count... The audience. Just my 2 cents...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
So, what do you say to the folks who pick up the deck and start dealing the cards face up onto the table in amazement?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Strong spectator control skills would be in order. But so it is with any gimmicked deck.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-05 18:27, daffydoug wrote:
Strong spectator control skills would be in order. But so it is with any gimmicked deck.

cut the crap about that. if you lead them want to see the cards - they will.

Since when is making a trick that permits the audience to savor the wonder and touch the cards into something you have to keep out of their hands an improvement?

On the plus side, you will have the props to so a cute oil/water type trick using some blank cards and some regular card Smile
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I have it in my hands!
The delivery time is incredible! 4 days! WOW!
Thanks!

The DVD is OK! Nothing special - but informative!
Two routines are explained!
The first I do not like! The second is good!

I invented my own routine within a second.
And I think - that is really good. Smile
Anyone who is familiar with Out Of This World, will find his idea.
My Out Of This World with “Twisted Blizzard“ has now four strikes!!!!!!! Bang!

It's my first day with Twisted Blizzard, but I think I'll use it!
I like it much!

Sorry for my english!
marc

8/10
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Hi marc,

which do you think is a better use - an "out of this world" where they pick which cards go into the piles or an "oil and water" where they deal the cards down to mix the cards?

-Jon
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Hello Jonathan
Out Of This World!!!!

About "oil and water" I have not really thought about it!
I'll stay with "Out Of This World". But maybe I change my mind!
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I just got this and I do not do the trick on a table as seen in the video. I do it in the hands and in my opinion it works much better in the hands. I showed my handling to Mark Mason at the winter carnival this weekend and he started to demo it that way. The in the hands way was not shown on the DVD. Mark would get a crowd around him and then demo the effect in the hands. He was selling them like crazy. Use your imagination to come up with other uses for the deck ir even individual cards.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I'll stick with Mr. Dean Dill's brilliant original "Blizzard". Show the chosen card with all the others blank and walk away while the audience grabs at the cards and examines them to their heart's desire only to find NOTHING. Leaves the audience stunned.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
When you perform with this cards you have to pay attention that you perform it on a FLAT surface.
If your close-up mat is too small for a full spread of the cards there is a little difference in the level of the close-up mat and the surface of the table.
Avoid that ! The difference in "level" can give the spectator an "insight" under the cards if they are at a distance.
So if your close-ip mat is to small for a full spread, do it without a close-up mat.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Or you can just do it in the hands. Works fine this way.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
These cards are way too gimmicked to perform on a table. In the hands only, and then only at a push.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-03-15 03:21, tdowell wrote:
I'll stick with Mr. Dean Dill's brilliant original "Blizzard". Show the chosen card with all the others blank and walk away while the audience grabs at the cards and examines them to their heart's desire only to find NOTHING. Leaves the audience stunned.

Once you get the faith to actually try the "move" which seems like it will never fly, you are amazed that it actually works just like Dean says it will...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 15:58, pegasus wrote:
These cards are way too gimmicked to perform on a table. In the hands only, and then only at a push.

A push?
acer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of acer
The spectators ask to see the cards almost every time. There, audience management is easy to say but not to do !
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Maybe I'm just lucky but I've done this probably 30 times since I got mine and no one has asked to see the cards or even hinted at it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twisted Blizzard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL