The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Vimeo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Anyone here uses it?
or does everyone prefer youtube?

I still have my material up on myspace TV.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I like Vimeo's quality, but YouTube has done some great strides and is now right up there.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

I like Vimeo's quality, but YouTube has done some great strides and is now right up there.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Vimo is good for 'Closed-Door Membership' type content as well. Yes you can set YouTube to "private" but you only get so many views... (Only 25) Vimo allows LOTS to view and can be password protected, PLUS what Scott said! (Though "virally", Vemo still does NOT have the reach and impact of YouTube... so it depends on what you want from your videos.

There are more ideas, but you get the basic idea…
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
969 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
I use Vimeo when I'd like a client to view something, because of its higher quality, and higher allotment of video time. I keep most of my content password protected.
I use YouTube for its SEO aid.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Great points all around. And here's one I forgot to mention....

Google owns YouTube.

So all that search love that we all crave with Google goes right along with Youtube. In fact, there are lots of reports of how Google is playing with voice recognition to be able to search VIDEOS for keywords that are said in the actual video.

How freaky is that!

But getting back to the Google thing, imagine someone searching for your niche and they are given all those blue links... except halfway down the page is a square picture of you with a play button.

Yes, Google has been integrating Youtube results with their Google search.

Just something to think about.

:)
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
So Vimeo is more workable for password protected prviate invite only
at the same time very high quality.
YouTube is more searchable in general.

What about tools?

From what I've read about Vimeo they offer tools for your videos.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

I guess I explained myself poorly about the Youtbe quality and I apologize about that.

Youtube HAS caught up to Vimeo as far as quality. They (Youtube) have HD video which looks VERY good.

In my opinion, I believe it is because they are using the H.264 codec to encode all their videos. Vimeo uses the same H.264 codec.

It is for this reason that when you encode your video, if you can encode it as an M4V or MP4 file (H.264 ecoded) you'll have a better looking video.

Here are the exact settings I used for a recent export:

In the end, both Youtube and Vimeo are good, and I feel, why choose one over the other? It's best to be found in as many different locations, all pointing to a 'home base' that is your website.

It's like companies having stores in more than one mall.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
It's all about what you want, need and desire as your OUTCOME.

=1) Do you want 'optimization' or 'exposure' or for TONS of eyeblaas to SEE you Video? (and more in that sort of direction...) Then most-often, the simple answer is YouTube AS WELL AS submitting to ALL the rest! (and the quality s FINE... remember, we are watching you videos ONLINE or On Mobile...) Look up TubeMougle! (Hint, Hint!)

=2) Are you aiming to support a more niche audience of viewers? (protected or not...) is you video quality "THAT" critical? Do you need member protections? (...etc) Vimo, VideoPress and some of the others may be more well suited.

So it's really a matter of systems and strategies you hope to apply to each video and you specific desired outcomes for each.

Either way... VIDEO IS "the way to go" in more and more cases if we hope to be truly 'effective' online.

Find Your Passion… DO Your Purpose… Make It Profitable!

Live “L.O.V.E.” Everyday!
Life Of Vibrant Expression!

I am at your service and in HIS Service,
Deano (Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Vimeo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL