The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Old magic tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I do what DRWackley does. Pull them out every once in a while.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Luckily I have a very small box of magic misfits. And after reading this thread, I do not plan to grow the contents in that box. I've forgotten how many unread/unfinished books I have and so many unseen DVDs. Time to start.
Gatehouse
View Profile
Regular user
Cardiff, UK
117 Posts

Profile of Gatehouse
I never get rid of anything, not just in magic mind you - I am a bit of a horder lol.. but thankfully, I've kept all my stuff from years ago... Bits and bobs that I never really had the skill to use properly, but am now able to throw myself into practicing with them and actually use them for something... You can never anticipate how you'll mature and develop (again, not just in magic lol).
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
If you live in the LA area, donate them to the Magic Castle Jr Society. The young magicians share their experiences and critique each other's acts, but many don't have the cash to buy equipment. You won't be sorry.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
If I meet a serious interested aspiring magician I give it to him, But the main of my abandoned tricks are in the World Famous Magic Drawer!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8929 Posts

Profile of funsway
When I was in Sacramento I purchased an effect for $10. Next month I performed it with a couple of added moves and this guy bought it back for $20.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3169 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Magic clubs have periodic swap meets you could unload your old junk at...

That's where I usually buy all my new junk.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
teedpop
View Profile
New user
Check out my
91 Posts

Profile of teedpop
I agree with keeping them. You never know when they will come in handy in the future.
bicycle66
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
All of my old magic tricks I keep as seems everyone else in a box but I also keep a book filled with my notes which I am always adding to and whenever some idea comes to mind of another twist or story line that I could use that is new out they come. The old tricks are great most of them still get great reactions and if you can put a new updated version/story then all the better you don't have to reach into your pocked for new...Sean.
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
bicycle66
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
I have never seen that website before thanks for posting that. I use ebay a lot which I like because of the feedback and using paypal helps cya. How is this site? Thanks Sean.
Amazingjim210
View Profile
New user
San Antonio, TX
10 Posts

Profile of Amazingjim210
If your friendly with your local magic dealers, some of them well take things as trade towards store credit. I do it with a couple shops here in San Antonio. It's good for getting rid of a trick that you thought you would like but, don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Old magic tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL