The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Keymaster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2010-03-16 13:26, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-04 22:00, truesoldier wrote:
Hi Craig

Nice effect, I've just bought it, however I do have one question. Would it be possible to get some keys with no holes at all. E.g not in the stem or top. I have a routine in mind and I really need a key like this. I'm sure that you probably can't cause you have to but in bulk. But I'm a believer in if you don't ask you'll never no. (I'm willing to pay)

Anyway, whatever the case may be, I look forward to your response.

All The Best

Missed this post sorry about that!

There are plans in place to provide this as you are not the only person to ask (and sooner than you think)

Hope this helps

Craig

Good news. Hope you're going to 'key'p the price of this additional unit low.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Just got my set and I really think what Craig has given us here is a walk around performers dream!

Keymaster hits the mark in so many ways, natural props, easy to carry, no complicated resets, can be an "impromptu", plus very nice routining that uses some great subtleties to shift the moment of magic and deliver (apparently) a variety of startling effects with totally examinable props.

Very nice quality production on the keys and I like the idea of allowing them to be cut individually. I found the teaching segments (as always with Craig) clear and thorough. It was a little low on volume however the content is great and plenty of detail is given. One thing I liked was that Craig has made sure there is built in misdirection for the s******s needed so they are reasonably easy to achieve through his well thought out routine construction. Craig is a really natural magician and teacher and it pays to listen to the details he gives as small points do count. Moving hole effects are just so fascinating to laymen and this one goes several steps beyond the average moving hole. Everything can be examined at the right moments and this really ups the impossibility factor.

I am already enjoying playing around with the spellbound position sequences as I think these provide incredible visuals and are super baffling. These keys are just too cool!

What a great release and quite inexpensive too. Once I have had a couple of months to work this up it will definitely be going into the walk around set. Congratulations Craig, this is going to be popular (but not too popular I hope!).

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
moechsle
View Profile
New user
Ã…rhus, Denmark
41 Posts

Profile of moechsle
Craig demonstrated this at the Blackpool convention and straight away explained all the moves and gimmicks. I really liked this open approach - no disappointments after opening the box!

After playing around with this for the last couple of weeks I start to feel comfortable with the routines and they are going to be tested in real performances very soon.
Both the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper routines are quite easy. If you have a little coin magic experience I would say very easy, but this is not necessary.
The teaching on the DVD is excellent and carefully explains the (few) moves involved.

Being a new kind of prop, the set of keys are very inspiring and I have made up some new moves and my own Gatekeeper-like routine as well. It would be great if Craig set up a closed forum for discussions on this.

And I would love to be able to buy some more keys - a bent, twisted or smaller key would be obvious to add to the set. Or .... as I said, very inspiring!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would say thanks for the continued support and all the reviews that are being uploaded. I was at a lecture the other night and a performer came up to me and said that Keymaster was the best trick he had ever brought. It really means a lot when I here stuff like that.

Also thanks for the review Al, I am glad you are enjoying the set and please come back when you have performed with it and tell me how you got on.

Finally thanks Moechsle for your comments. I have never hidden what the set it or what it does. I believe Keymaster stands up on its own two feet and doesn't need me to say anything else other than "this is what it does". There will be more keys coming by the way - watch this space!

Thanks again everyone - please keep the reviews coming

Craig
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
KEYMASTER.CRAIG PETTY.

Hi guy's,

been playing around and performing this gr8 effect from craig and it never fails to get those reactions you always want!!..

Its great to just have with you all the time..easy and direct to perform ..pretty much 20sec re-set!!..

another killer effect from craig..watch out for KEYMASTER2.0 ...craig informs me will be realsing soon!..

best marc webley
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I was going to pick this up. When is KEYMASTER 2.0 coming out?
~Joe
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Craig has nt said wen keymaster 2.0 will be available...look out on worldmagicstore.com... or give craig a PM..keymaster is a great routine and definatly worth getting..!!!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Just a thought before hype (version 2.0) sets in...
If Keymaster 2.0 is released so soon after the launch of Keymaster (e.g. under 6 months), and has significant new gimmicks / routines etc, I would hope WMS offer a decent upgrade offer to existing customers. If not, I might be put off future purchases. Obviously if 'add ons' to the original product are sold, that would be different.
Having said that, having briefly met Craig & the WMS gang, plus owning several Craig Petty / WMS products, I will maintain faith until proved otherwise!
Charlie
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

After speaking to Craig he did say that KEYMASTER2.0 will be an "up grade" pack to the original keymaster..

I have 100% faith in craig and WMS...

I will def be getting KEYMASTER2.0 ....
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Any more than £9.99 for the upgrade and I'll give it a miss.
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 14:11, caigy wrote:
Andi,

I have had the keys which came with 'Keymaster' cut...Not had replica's made!!
i.e. my Keymaster keys now have teeth cut into them, so look like everyday keys.
No porkies anywhere.

Paul Mc.

Quote:

On 2010-03-13 14:13, Andi Peters wrote:
Ah, I see.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant you'd had your own set made up.

That will teach me to look before I leap.

I think I'll get my set cut too.

Does it not cut into the hole which is on the shaft?

Andi

Guys Please don't get your keys cut or you will spoil a whole load of effects with the Keymaster 2 addon kit which consists of another 4 keys that compliment the existing set and also provide stand alone effects.
I obviously can't give much away as we are in the production stage.
Keys have been made but DVD is yet to be filmed.

If you alter your existing set you will not be able to do many of the transitions in Keymaster 2.

Best regards
Jim
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Oh dear !! I have heard in the pipe line that the original "Keymaster" key set should not of been "cut into," as they will not work in conjunction with Keymaster2.0!!!

I can see this causing a few problems!! Luckily my set are still in original form, but for the people that have had them cut, they are going to be very disappointed. Craig should definitely mentioned not to cut into the keys on the DVD!!!

I am sure that this is going to be a topic of conversation over the next couple of months....

Until then ...
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Who carries around UN-cut keys????

These should have been cut and then sold in that format in the 1st place.

This way all the keys (both in KEYMASTER 1.0 AND 2.0) would all look the same and it would look more casual.

Just something to think about in the future.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

I totally agree with you. ..very good point...!!!

I would be very disappointed if this was a poor marketing way to get people to purchase Keymaster 1.0 again!!

I'm sure that this is not the case as Craig and WMS are usually very good to deal with.

Let's wait for a reply from Craig to see if he can lighten things up on this subject.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Uncut keys? No thank you!
~Joe
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I have no regrets in having my keys cut, it looks so much more natural IMHO; or at least I prefer them that way.
Perhaps all the new keys & (audience tested?) routines may make me regret my actions, but time will tell. Perhaps if I did pick up version 2.0, I could have them cut to match..
The early news of release 2.0 without actual details is not a great idea (again, imho) coming so close to the release of version 1.

Ramble over
Respectfully,

Charlie
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Without actually having the trick, and even if those perfoming it have never had a spectator question it, I agree with some of the above posts that uncut keys look like props, there is no reason someone would carry around uncut keys. (long sentence)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 19:38, Xcath1 wrote:
there is no reason someone would carry around uncut keys. (long sentence)

Not true. Magicians using obvious magic store props would.

:rotf:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 22:55, Review King wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 19:38, Xcath1 wrote:
there is no reason someone would carry around uncut keys. (long sentence)

Not true. Magicians using obvious magic store props would.

:rotf:

LOL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Keymaster (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL