The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » FREE SHIPPING (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
For those that shop for magic online, which I've enjoyed doing since the first shops showed up on the internet, why do you choose a shop that charges shipping over one that doesn't?

Shop #1 has a new DVD for $29.95 and charges $4.50 shipping. Shop #2 has the same DVD for $25.00 and shipping is free. Yet, many go to Shop#1. I wonder why that is.

I like Penguin because they have software that won't let you order an item not in stock. The item is discounted and less than other shops, then you get a return customer 10% discount and free shipping. I buy a lot of magic, so that savings adds up...to buy more magic.

I can't imagine, unless it was an exclusive item, or rare piece they don't carry, going elsewhere to pay more.
~Joe
jake.o
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of jake.o
Sometimes its down to the service and the delivery method that helps me choose. if I have used them in the past and the transaction went through without any problems and I got my package quite quickly then I will choose them even if it is a few pound more. other times I will choose someone else because they send their stuff out by a next day courier which allows you to not worry about when if ever the post man's going to deliver your package (royal mail is so inconsistent) becuse you know what date and time you will get it. At the end of the day I would rather spend more money knowing I am going to get my item in one peice rather than go it cheap and risk if it comes damaged and then have to send it back which will cost me more.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I guess the "software" wasn't working that well at Penguin when I ordered Pip Streak by Greg Wilson on Jan 6th. It was supposed to be in stock for shipping late December. I got an e-mail from Penguin saying my order has shipped on the same day I placed the order on Jan 6th.

I found out later that was a mistake because it was a "pre-order" item and they don't have it in stock even though the website said it is shipping in December of 09 (maybe it was December 2010...I better check). When they finally answered some e-mails Penguin said it will be shipping late January...then February...then who knows.

The good thing is I spent 5.95 for priority mail so I will have it it 2-3 days...once it comes in.

There are good and bad stories with every magic dealer.

Rich B.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Very interesting comments. Thank you Gentlemen for sharing your experiences.
~Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » FREE SHIPPING (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL