The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TKO by Jeff Kaylor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hey folks,
You've probably heard about Jeff Kaylor's TKO which is being produced by Michael Ammar. I just got an email today announcing it's officially being released. I saw Jeff do this at Ammar's lecture here in NYC's Fantasma Magic back in November and it looked really great. I think I'm going to snatch one of these up.

Roberto

http://store.ammarmagic.com/tko--the-kay......lor.html
Original Card Clinician
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Why is it in the trick coin section? and yes there's already a huge thread about the wonderful TKO.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Ooops! My bad, I didn't see it mentioned and thought this would be the ideal thread.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
599 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Don't anybody fill obligating about leaving a link to this huge thread or even giving us a hint as to what it is called. I'm sure we can all find it on our own.
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Great idea ;-)...I was able to stumble upon it...here is the link...btw..I ordered TKO as a result of reading these threads and will be getting it in a couple of days...very psyched

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-03-09 00:37, RonCalhoun wrote:
Don't anybody fill obligating about leaving a link to this huge thread or even giving us a hint as to what it is called. I'm sure we can all find it on our own.

Well, to be honest the only way I would find it again is to use the forum search, which is what you would do anyway. If one of us has to search for it might as well be you! Smile

Jim
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
J-Mac look at my post above yours Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I know - I was just making the excuse for all of us that didn't leave a link!! Smile

Jim
JFact0r
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of JFact0r
Hey All,

I got a TKO recently and I just wanted to say it's very nicely made and well worth the purchase. So many applications for this nice gem. Look into it!
voodoo
View Profile
Regular user
Indonesia
163 Posts

Profile of voodoo
I saw TKO by Jeff Kaylor and Michael Ammar video
It look like my NUVANISH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiXwd_KW8rk&feature=related)
and NUVANISH'09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lwih71GQSw)..

Funny I think they had the same method like mine..
is this legal? because I have the patents of nuvanish
"When Illusions Become Reality"
www.demianaditya.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I'm not a lawyer, but if you hold patents and think the TKO infringes, why are you asking a forum of magicians instead of a patent attorney? It also seems (to me) that the easiest way to tell if this item infringes on your patent is to buy one. I'm fairly certain a hands-on examination would hold more credence in an infringement case than a bunch of Internet posts.
Likewise, why not try contacting Ammar/Kaylor directly vs asking 2nd or 3rd hand sources?
Quote:
On 2010-05-31 12:54, voodoo wrote:
I saw TKO by Jeff Kaylor and Michael Ammar video
It look like my NUVANISH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiXwd_KW8rk&feature=related)
and NUVANISH'09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lwih71GQSw)..

Funny I think they had the same method like mine..
is this legal? because I have the patents of nuvanish
voodoo
View Profile
Regular user
Indonesia
163 Posts

Profile of voodoo
Quote:
On 2010-05-31 21:24, inigmntoya wrote:
I'm not a lawyer, but if you hold patents and think the TKO infringes, why are you asking a forum of magicians instead of a patent attorney? It also seems (to me) that the easiest way to tell if this item infringes on your patent is to buy one. I'm fairly certain a hands-on examination would hold more credence in an infringement case than a bunch of Internet posts.
Likewise, why not try contacting Ammar/Kaylor directly vs asking 2nd or 3rd hand sources?

I already talk with Jeff Kaylor thru email, and from what he explained TKO has the same method in some way that I can't explain to you guys but just a little difference in construction because mine (nuvanish) can make big object disappear. It's like 70% similar...

what makes me feel devastated is that I'm preparing for market the nuvanish in world wide.

Although TKO and NUVANISH has the similarity but I wanna close this case..

Well I couldn't agree more about what you guys said, I guess it's just a matter of time. TKO released it first...

one day I hope I can prove to you guys that nuvanish is better

thanks
"When Illusions Become Reality"
www.demianaditya.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Your product may be better - more choices in a fair market benefits all.
Just my opinion, but "70% similar" doesn't sound llike much in that both are probably "80% similar" (or more) to. a t*p*t in the first place?
Robert The Magical Radway
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Robert The Magical Radway
I agree with the above post. More competition means more / better magic.
Also I don't think that you can sue somebody on something that is "70% similar" however, I do think that your Nuvanish can still have a successful release. Just advertise the fact that you can make bigger things vanish. Look at the Gecko and the Raven, they are about "70 % similar" however they both sell equally well because they are in different markets. The Raven is strictly a coin / PK item, whereas the Gecko is a general close up item. I would get the TKO and see if it the same method as Nuvanish exactly, because then you can bring in Patent lawyers if you please.

Magically as ever,

Robert
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
The device itself is also not why I would necessarily buy a product. I already have a TKO, but let's say the technique is better taught with NUVANISH (I never got a response to my e-mail inquiries on the product, so I don't know if it'll come with a DVD)-- but that would be a reason for me to own both products. (BTW, responding to customers emails is important if you want to sell them something.)

The basic method, BTW, as Bill Palmer pointed out in an old post re: NUVANISH, is not new at all and the fundamental idea has already seen print. What Bill mentions is that the technique is better refined.

One thing that would make me buy a NUVANISH is if I could better retrieve an object with a tucked in shirt. An untucked shirt is a little too casual for me.

- Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TKO by Jeff Kaylor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL