The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stay Stack Order Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I was playing with the Marlo Matching Routine (Ackermann faro shuffle video)using the stay stack principle. does anyone from you know more effects with the stay stack and where I can find them?

Thank you.
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
"RedivideR" by Phil Goldstein is a book full of effects that exclusively use the Stay Stack principle.
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
Doesn't the Martin Nash Routine OVATION use the stay stick principle also?? I can't remember, it's been a few years since I watched his tape or did the routine...

Jeff
Pick a card, any card...
twistingtheaces
View Profile
New user
SF Bay Area, CA
50 Posts

Profile of twistingtheaces
Quote:
On 2003-06-24 13:25, Jeff Hinchliffe wrote:
Doesn't the Martin Nash Routine OVATION use the stay stick principle also?? I can't remember, it's been a few years since I watched his tape or did the routine...

Jeff

Yes, it's on vol 1 of the A-1 videos.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
The most extensive treatment of the StayStack Principle is still the source material. A magician by the stage name of Rusduck published a journal of magic called "The Cardiste", back in the fifties. There were 11 original issues. It was republished as a single volume, in the eighties, and a twelfth issue added. It should be available in one form or another from the used book dealers. Rusduck was entranced by the possibilities of the Staystack, and explored many avenues in his magazine. I would start there.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
You can also check out The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Vol.2 and Swinford's Faro Fantasy/More Faro Fantasy.
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
In Apocalypse, there are a few fabulous effects. Including a great mathematical Oil and Water routine. Smile
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Simon Aronson provides some information on the stay stack principle in connection with his memorized deck - a memorized deck is a stay stack already. Interested readers will find the information in the chapter "Memorized Math" in his book "The Aronson Approach".
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
Bumbleface, Any idea what volume of Apocalypse this is in. An author or name would also help.

This wouldn't be any relation to Quine's Keeper principle would it. I know Tom Kraven put submitted some material on this for the Apocalypse.

Thanks.
Cheers,
David
Sanj Singh
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanj Singh
I second the, "Aronson Approach," one of the finest stay stacked/any stack book ever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stay Stack Order Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL