The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The best 12 min in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

einzo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of einzo
I am a big fan of Lance Burton.

I was reading a story about him when he was competing in FISM, and the routine he did is supposed to be one of magic greatest acts ever. I have seen many videos on YouTube with Lance, but I know that he only does a small part of it there.

Dose anyone know if it is possible to see his original act, these 12 min. of great magic?
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I’ve never seen it on YouTube, but the first time Lance was on Johnny Carson, he did close to 20 minutes, which was unheard of for the tonight show. He closed with the Zombie to the music of Firebird, turned the Zombie into a long silver streamer (Klamm streamer). Very inspiring!

It used to be available from the SAM Library, but because of legalities, they no longer offer it. Too bad.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I used to have the 20 min Johnny Carson performance recorded on BETA and wore it out from watching it so much.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Amazon .com lists Lance Burton's Secrets of Magic at this link
http://www.amazon.com/Lance-Burton-Secre......5&sr=1-1

One 5 star reviewer says:"This is NOT an expose of magic nor is it the FOX "Secrets of Magic Revealed" special... it is actually a beautifully transferred DVD version of Lance Burton's 2 TV specials! I have seen him twice live in Las Vegas, and these specials capture some incredible magic from a modern master. Don't be fooled by the title or the low price! This is a BUY!!!"

The 4 star reviewer says:
While this DVD is mostly a compilation of several Gary Ouellet-produced magic specials, one of which only tangentially features Lance Burton, it nevertheless contains some of the best magic ever shown on TV. The "Hidden Secrets of Magic" special is a look into some of the greatest feats in the history of thearical magic. No, you won't learn the secrets, but you will see them performed by today's masters. Charlotte Pendragon escapes, chained inside a locked crate dumped into a bay. "The Light and Heavy Chest," which the great Robert-Houdin used to stop a war, is featured, and yes, it's the very same chest!
But the great jewel is the only video of the famous "Blue Room," in which people visbly vanish and transform as if in a film special effect - only it was what audiences saw live - in the 1860's! This one segment alone, recreated for the L.A. Conference on Magic History in 1996, is worth the price of the DVD. Highly recommended.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The best 12 min in magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL