The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2010 entrée: Paul Vigil » » Johnny Thompson » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Paul,

Great to see you on here!

I know that Johnny has mentored you, and for that you are extremely blessed. I have always been amazed at the depth of knowledge that he possesses, and he and Pam are two of the kindest individuals in the world. When my son (who was 15 at the time) went to Vegas for Jeff's master class, they allowed him to stay with them. Every night that Johnny was there he sessioned with my son.

Could you please talk about the influence that you have received from Johnny? How has it affected your approach to your magic?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Scott,

Where do I start? I think I know a lot of magic, but when I hang out with JT he has forgetten more then I remember!

No matter what I am working on he has a twist, and anecdote, further material to look at etc. Not only this, but he has become the person I look up to the most (after my father). Kind, fascinating, fearless.

I don't think there is another person who understands performance psychology as thorough as he does. When his book is released then everyone will be able to see.

John also pushed me away from flourishes, when I show him something that I've been working on, if it gets even a little flashy, he inquires, "What was that?" The most fancy thing he'll do with a deck of cards is a table ribbon spread. When I look around I see we must have forgotten "One display of skill can ruin all magic." John reminds me of this.

Being a student of Charlie Millers, Dai Vernon, and Harry Riser John's magic combines naturalness with cunning method. I cannot convey how greatful I am to know him.

Best,

V
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Best thing ive read in ages,I hate those flourishes,magicians are shooting themselves in the foot.
snape
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of snape
Paul,

When is Johnny Thompson's book going to be published?

Thanks.
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Snape,

Let's cross our fingers that it's sooner than later.

Best,

V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2010 entrée: Paul Vigil » » Johnny Thompson » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL